In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SCORE!!!

FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I needed some nuts & bolts to fix my cheap * nearly new recliner that I evidently paid WAY too much for.
Went over to MIL's to see if (deceased) FIL had anything in his work shed that would work.
Found the nuts & bolts I needed. And while there spotted some one inch (wide) sanding belts hanging on the wall. With a little digging I found the Craftman table-top belt sander that uses the 1" belts under a bunch of other stuff.
Checked it out, it works.
Offered to buy it from MIL. She gave it to me for services rendered helping her w/yard work etc. This will be a big help in my knife making projects.

Comments

• FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Local widow had a few guns for sale and I just picked up a Marlin 1894 in 41 magnum[:p]
    edited November -1
    While my youngest had soccer tryouts this evening I hopped over to the local gunstore and there on the shelf waiting for me was an 8 pound container of Bullseye !!! Bonus! they said they had a huge shipment of powder coming in next week!
    edited November -1
    stopped by a used book store/bus stop/video rental place in a small town I pass through all the time today to check it out (never been there before despite having passed it hundreds of times.)

There was a bin marked "free books" and inside was stacks of old American Rifleman magazines from the late 70s to the early 80s, most in excellent condition.

I took everyone of of them[:D]
    edited November -1
    well kinda its not a gun but cost as much, been trying my damnest to buy a hobart made mixer on fleabay/CL ether a n-50 which is the Coup de gras stand mixer that would last my grandkids lifetime, still too rich for my blood after missing out on several that hit the 750.00 mark, or a few hobart/kitchenaid made ones before they sold out KA in the 80's i got frustrated and said hell with it and bought a new KA professional 6qt bowl lift mixer

i hope it works out, all steel gears but only 1 year warranty, im sure i will put plenty of wear on it by then, i never used anything but hobart 20-40-80qt mixers, and never once had a fail, past few years i been making all our bread daily by hand as well as pizza dough, cakes, cookies etc, i just got in 12#'s of rye flour to try outback steakhouse bread recipe been dying to make

any of you or your significant others have a review of one ?

stock photo
    482937D81CBC4EB49B9F3C41018D565F.jpg

517d843EgYL._SY355_.jpg
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a strip sander like that is also on my list, congrats on the find