In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Your SSN has been Compromised

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Got two phone calls today. Last one even said this is your final Notice. What Idiots why do people fall for these scams.

Comments

  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,968
    edited November -1
    There is a sucker born every moment...
    "What is truth?'
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,254 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...whats a SSN?
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ...whats a SSN?


    Social Security Number
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ...whats a SSN?


    SSN Attack Submarine (Nuclear Propulsion)

    [:D]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,672 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    Knew a person who worked at a collection agency & was told some people get a new SSN every time they get a new job. Some people have 5 - 10 SSN numbers.

    Now isn't that a hoot!

    [:0]

    They may regret that if they ever apply for SS benefits. My wife had two numbers and that took a while to straighten out.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 49,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are still doing it, so obviously it works. Mostly on the old and the desperate.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was years ago! I used to shout it out when in the service when they made your serial number your SS number. Never bothered me then?
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,672 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    So ........ why didn't your wife collect TWO SSI checks [?]

    [:D][;)][:o)]

    Mainly because the Social-ist Security Administration wouldn't issue two checks.

    When she was just out of high school working her first full time job she lost her SS card. Her boss told her she should go to the SSA office and get a new card (meaning get a replacement). She went to SSA and got a NEW card (new account).

    When she applied for SSA retirement, they acted like it was a big deal, but they fixed it. Any transaction with SSA takes forever and a day.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    They are still doing it, so obviously it works. Mostly on the old and the desperate.


    Yes, fear and greed are powerful motivators for scammers.
  • owlesowles Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While we're on the subject, how about those lawyer's? Online consult thirty dollars a month, but what are you getting? Lawyers from {elsewhere} run $1250 per action, and 2500 if it goes to trial! Seems backwards because i'm expecting to collect on these fees...

    [8]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    So ........ why didn't your wife collect TWO SSI checks [?]

    [:D][;)][:o)]

    Mainly because the Social-ist Security Administration wouldn't issue two checks.

    When she was just out of high school working her first full time job she lost her SS card. Her boss told her she should go to the SSA office and get a new card (meaning get a replacement). She went to SSA and got a NEW card (new account).

    When she applied for SSA retirement, they acted like it was a big deal, but they fixed it. Any transaction with SSA takes forever and a day.



    I've got two Numbers still Not sure how that came about. Been fighting for years to get rid of the one I never used. Now that I'm close to actually filing for it bet they now make it an Issue.[:(!]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 49,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    They are still doing it, so obviously it works. Mostly on the old and the desperate.


    Yes, fear and greed are powerful motivators for scammers.



    Better half was a collections supervisor. Several times people with serious debt, behind on payments called to say they were receiving money from Africa. She usually had a very difficult time explaining that these people were thieves, and it they sent money it would be gone forever. Drowning folks look for anything to grab, even if it is too good to be true.
  • owlesowles Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about the Doctors its the definitive word to any argument ID10T in one ear, and out the other! It seems to me a hour and a half appointment with a 30 minutes wait to freshen up followed by the ole brush off doesn't really do it for me any longer! Seriously, I've seen porn movies that start this way ...

    [?]
Sign In or Register to comment.