In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

KelTec PMR30

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
Any of you guys got one? If so, how about a range report.

Comments

• Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a fairytale, I don't think it even exist, Keltec is a JOKE a big JOKE [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope, It is their .22 magnum pistol (30 shot).
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A guy at range got one after a long wait. He said it shot well,no jamming. He hands it to me, empty and it felt like a squirtgun,which we laughed about.
  • Options
    swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1
    My FFL here in Amarillo had one.

He said he waited forever for it and then it jammed like hell for him the first day at the range.

He showed me what it did to the bullets that jammed.

It looked like they were feeding into the edge of the chamber leaving a crossways * across the bullet tip.

They were hollow points IIRC.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I have 2, waited for scalpers to get tired of charging $600 and bought first one; liked it so much, I got another at retail.
    They are lightweight, plastic, and accurate. I still don't like the fiber-optic sights, and am looking to mount a red dot.
    Some of the older models have a problem(?) with keyholing at extreme distances (>200yds.), but I have early and later guns, and haven't noticed any.
    Different weight ammo is the key to accuracy with these guns, I tried some Winchester 40gr that shot OK, then tried some Federals in 30,40 & 60 gr loads, and one really likes the 30gr stuff, the other won't function with it.
    If you really wanted to find out about anything Kel-Tec; you should have gone to the kel-tec owners group online and chatted with those folks.
    BTW-I think blowing several grand on a shotgun/rifle made of plastic is stupid.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    like em or hate em, you have to give keltec props from the business standpoint.

they start hyping a product long before its in production, chumming the waters if you will. then, when the sharks are good and hungry, they release some. not enough to satiate the market. not even close; but they release some. when theyve put out a good product, the fervor increases 10 fold. then, once the market is primed for the real release, they drop the product on the market and get top dollar for it for longer than they would get if they kept the whole thing a secret until it was ready for production.

im basically neutral on keltec. i think they make a decent product for the money(the real price, not the first 6 months a product is on the market). not the top of the line, but not hi point. they're firmly in the middle of the pack and i respect that.
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw one at the gun show this weekend, for $498. Still want one, but I won't pay that much.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redneckandy
    Saw one at the gun show this weekend, for $498. Still want one, but I won't pay that much.
    I am with you. I want one but I will not pay that much for one.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I'm with you guys. I want one but the price has to come down.
  • Options
    7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is so much plastic in that gun that I agree it's not worth $500 to me.