In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Enumerating Taxes

Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
With all the uproar about restaurants listing a surcharge resulting from increased costs due to the ACA, I have no problem with it- in fact, I'd like businesses to list two prices: price #1 is what the price of their item/dinner/service would be if there were no taxes on it. Price #2 is what the total price is. That way you could see actually how much money that you are spending on hidden taxes.

Comments

• legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Some gas stations were doing that here.
    I forgot the numbers but it listed city, county, state and fed taxes per gallon on the pumps.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think all business should do it. Restaurants are some of the most heavily taxed business on the planet. A plethora of taxes on hamburgers, sodas, alcohol if served to mention a few.
    State, local, county, and even school districts can tax them depending on location. Constant renewal of licenses and permits add up too. Not to mention liability insurance. As a result, they have small profit margins.

Wonder why restaurants do not offer high paying jobs, look no further than greedy micromanaging government. OH! and by the way lets raise the min wage to $10.50.

These people harping on raising the min wage top of the list for ignorance. If they pass a law raising min wage, every business will raise prices to keep the profit margin. The min wage workers get stuck paying the difference and jobs go away.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So we all do that what it costs us to make a 100k a year and upcharge for everything
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee Ray, are you a salesman or programmer for MICROS?

Neal