In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

5 year old dies after dr

Comments

• Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds horrible.
    I just have to wonder if there is just a little more to the story.....
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    The story is incredibly but predictably light on facts.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blame Game. Never anyone else's fault this day and age.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Punctuality Is important, but it says they were ONLY 4 minutes late. I bet 30-90 minutes late... But the problem is that it was hours after the appointment the child died. The question is, why didn't mom say the kid was out of medication, if the Doctor knew she was out, I'm sure he/she would at least prescribed her some knowing it was life threatening case, or seen her regardless.. And why didn't mom take her to the hospital if the child was having problems and was out of medication?

Sounds to me Mommy is blaming the Doctor for her being a neglectful parent
  • Options
    Okie MomOkie Mom Member Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that doctor has angry outbursts she is not someone I would be taking my child to.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Okie Mom
    If that doctor has angry outbursts she is not someone I would be taking my child to.

and on top of that , A LIER

Dr. Rowe claimed to have been in the middle of another appointment at the time, but computer records showed that was not true.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your kid is that sick TAKE THEM TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dr.s and like Teachers. Their day goes on after the appointments with paperwork.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Emergency rooms are handy...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmm, let's see - highlight is mine.

"A five-year-old girl died hours after being turned away from her doctor because she was a few minutes late for her appointment."

So parent and child arrive a few minutes late. Parent and child go on their merry way. Nothing happens, the kid didn't make it to the parking lot and die. But "hours after" the kid dies and this is the doctor's fault? And BTW, this happened in the UK, not the US. Is the doctor required to keep to a certain schedule under the UK system of health?

To be the parent of this child right now must be horrible. But the kid suffered an asthma attack hours after they were scheduled to see a doctor - do we even know if the reason for the visit and the cause of death were remotely related? If the kid had a broken toe the events are separated by more than time.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    If your kid is that sick TAKE THEM TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! Stop with the common sense answers! WTH???!!!
    Poor kid.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Headline should read "Mother allows her child to die of asthma attack"
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    And Now........The rest of the Story!!
  • Options
    EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can bet her phone is ringing off the hook by people from the Law offices of Dewey, Cheate and Howe.

XXXXXX
  • Options
    justpassinbyjustpassinby Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There at people that shouldn't be doctors and people that shouldn't be parents. That being said, I have a great family doctor. I don't go to the doctor very often and he lets me know that at my age I need to come in more than once every year or three.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had asthma all my life.

So, the doctor refused to see the child due to a late arrival.

Why did the parents NOT take the child to the local ER?

I've been to an ER more times than I dare to count...
    And any breathing problem or chest pain gets you IN IMMEDIATELY!

About ten years ago, I had put off seeing the doc over bronchitis due to my adult male stubbornness...
    Until finally one morning I woke up and told the wife, "Take me to the ER, I can't breath."
    When I got there, they took me straight back due to NOT breathing well.
    Hooked me up to the O2 blood saturation machine and found my O2 level was low enough I shouldn't be breathing but rather in the ground.
    It took me 6 days to get my O2 level high enough that the hospital would allow me to check out.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The story is light on facts, but does contain a clue or two pertaining to the negligence of the mother.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Late 4 minuets? Hell the Doctors tells me to get there 10 minuets before the "appointment" then makes you wait 20 minuets minimum. So they were kind a 6 minuets early.

Sad as is I don't think they'll get paid.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,240 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fishy story. Mom and deceased daughter portrayed as total victims.
    If mom was such a great protector of the health of the girl, why didn't she take her to the ER?

ps I must say asthma is a very tricky and scary condition. In my 14 year career as a paramedic I went on a half dozen asthma emergencies and I was sweating bullets every time.
    We carried asthma medication in our drug box but it has bad side effects, can cause a rise in pulse and bp etc.

So you get to a scene where the guy has used up his asthma inhalers, and is in a crisis, and then you load him up on your meds and he almost dies from the side effects.

A bad asthma case is like a grenade with the pin pulled.

After four or five scary calls like that I just would put that pt in the ambulance and put them on high flow oxygen, moisturiezed by flowing through water, and tell my driver to haul * to the ER. Let the ER doc deal with them.