In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

yankee civil war info needed..any experts?

bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
hey zipper.....you seem to be the one who can master this one.....anyone else?
i need to find the flag to the 120th N.Y..
reason? town records show that the 120th use to be bivuac'ed on my property in 1862-63. i still find inert cannon and mini balls in the garden. im honoring them by flying their flag on my porch once i find it. it s kind of funny being that im a yankee living in virginia, but residing on hallowed yankee ground! i feel good about it being my town surrendered to the yanks w/o a fight. am i brave to fly the flag? yep. am i scared? nope. would you?[:D]
Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Former NSSA All American
Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
MO, CT, VA.

Comments

• Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    would this be it?

oldtch4.jpg

100,000 [:)] lemmings [:)]can't be wrong

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i dont know. tell me about it.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    Regimental Flag,

?_oOld Dutch Church Civil War Flag - Regimental Flag 12Oth Regiment - New York State Volunteers - As it was displayed for the past 100 years - Kingston, Ulster County, New York?__

100,000 [:)] lemmings [:)]can't be wrong

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    i still find inert cannon and mini balls in the garden. im honoring them by flying their flag on my porch once i find it. it s kind of funny being that im a yankee living in virginia, but residing on hallowed yankee ground! i feel good about it being my town surrendered to the yanks w/o a fight. am i brave to fly the flag? yep. am i scared? nope. would you?[:D]

With a little luck maybe one of those cannon balls will not be inert.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    fat chance. [:)] i cant make out the letters on that flag....N Y L V? thank for all the help!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it was the 66th NY State Volunteers(Irish Brigade) you'd be finding lots of empty whiskey bottles on your property.