In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

? About Kentucky

SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
My wife and I are retiring and thinking of selling our house in the N.E. and moving somewhere where the weather is a little nicer and the prices are better and you can get a little land. We have to have trees and hills. Water is nice but not an absolute. We have been looking in the bulls shoals area and it is very nice. Lately we have been looking (online) in the Kentucky/Tennesee area, specifically Liberty Kentucky. Anyone know anything about this area?

Comments

• Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Don't know much about the Liberty area, but if you want water and trees, check out the KY Lake area. Marshall County (Benton) is a nice, rural place with land prices not yet sky high. Close to Paducah for major needs (hospitals, etc). Livingston County (Ledbetter) is the same.
  • Options
    silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of lakes and a couple rivers off hand I can think of in kentucky big enough to run speed boats on and have moderately priced land prices and great people in the area. Norris lake-Tennessee and Cave run-Kentucky are my favorite two but Iv'e spent alot of time at both those. I googled lakes in the two states and got nice professional site on lots of lakes so do that and take a good look a what each has to offer.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out Tellico Village in East Tennessee.