In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Actual Post on {elsewhere} or Urban Legend? Vote!

roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb .... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what 's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.

The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi,

Alex

[8D][8D][8D] I can just see this thugs face looking at the Kimber!
Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.

Comments

• Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great story[:D], but I'm pretty sure it's an urban legend. You see it posted on Craig's List at least once a week, everywhere.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    It's well beyond urban legend now. It's more like rural legend.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Both. It is in fact a real post on C's list. However, I don't believe that the poster is in fact telling the truth and the whole story is an urban legend.

Asking if it's a real post is about as smart as the people that say that they "don't believe in guns." My response is, "Oh, they're real. I have some."
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He would have just shot the guy if it was true. End of story.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [img][/img]bsflagg.gif

Seen it posted to many times
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    It's well beyond urban legend now. It's more like rural legend.

It's been around for so long I think it qualifies as an "Ancient Legend". [:D]
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dam i even searched the forum for c'list... and kimber... Why is it always a Kimber? Why not a glock???
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I think it's a letter somone wished they had written but I have to go with the hoax theory (urban legend)
    Maybe enough petty thieves will read it and get the idea so theletter serves a purpose even if the actual even never happened. But it makes me think of what I will do if someone ever mugs me...ah hell, I will just shoot him
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    [img][/img]bsflagg.gif

Seen it posted to many times
    [:D][:D]
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    its true that it was actually posted on {elsewhere}, but thats about it. it cant be verified to actually have taken place because the mugee would then be guilty of more crimes than the mugger.

the mugger would be(in theory) quilty of attempted armed robbery(or whatever the language is in the area it allegedly took lace in)

the mugee would be(in theory) of:

grand larceny
    fraud
    vandalism
    im not sure what the legalese would be, but the threats to the president would have to account for something

so the mugger could get a few years, but the muggee is headed to the house of corrections or federal get pounded in the butt prison.

its humorous, but not real.