In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is he Kidding?

SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Subject: President changes Military funerals

When I received this email, I could not believe it...
So, I checked with Snopes... I learned that it is TRUE:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/funeral.asp

There has been a change in U.S. military burial protocol!

This is a letter that my good friend's husband wrote today after his uncle's
funeral yesterday. If Obama does not want his name associated with our
military, he does not deserve to be "The President of the United States ". -
Alice Frankovitch

REMEMBER THIS on NOVEMBER 6, 2012

Dear Sean,
Today I was incensed at the conclusion of a traditional Serbian-Orthodox
funeral for my beloved 85-year-old uncle, Daniel Martich, who proudly served in the US Army during the Korean conflict. During the committal service at a Pittsburgh cemetery the local military detachment performed their ritual, then folded and presented the American Flag to my aunt. As I'm sure you have witnessed during military funerals, a soldier bends to one knee and recites a scripted message to a surviving relative that begins 'On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation, I wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband's service ...'

However, today the dialogue was 'On behalf of the Secretary of Defense and a grateful nation...'

After the service, I approached the soldier who presented the flag to my
aunt to inquire about the change in language. His response was: "The White
House notified all military funeral service detachments to immediately
remove 'the President' and insert 'the Secretary of Defense'.

I couldn't believe what I heard! The soldier just smiled and said, "You can
draw your own conclusion, Sir, but that was the order". He, too, was ashamed of what he was required to say. Obama has taken off the gloves. My only response to this endless cesspool of anti-American rhetoric dripping from his mouth is to borrow a phrase "with one minor change" uttered by another temporary Washington resident living in government housing (his wife!):

"Today for the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed of the current U.S. President!" I did not serve in the military but my love of country parallels that of people like my late uncle who bled red, white and blue. As a second generation Serbian-American who's heritage produced many patriotic military men and women who fought for freedom both in the United States as well as in the former Yugoslavia (most recently in Kosovo against the slaughter of Serbs by Muslim extremists),

I implore you to make the American people aware of this little-known or, at least, publicly acknowledged fact. May God Bless you and your family during these difficult times. Your voice of reason is a welcome change from the insanity plastered across the country by the liberal media. Keep up the great work and thank you for your service to our country.

Comments

• Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    My Dad Had the Old "Real" version
    But then again, That was when we Had a Real President[}:)]
    Lets Pay him For What he Has Accomplished ......ZIPPO
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    F'n jaggoff[:(!]
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He refuses to have his name associated with a war that he did not start. In other words.. Don't blame me..
  • Options
    BlackgunsBlackguns Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Read the Snopes report. It gives the reason for the change. Also, according to Snopes,this became policy during the previous administration.
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Snopes indeed [xx(]

Rubbish.

Try this:

Military Protocols for Funerals Changed by Order of the White House-Fiction!

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/military-protocols-funerals.htm
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Blackguns
    Read the Snopes report. It gives the reason for the change. Also, according to Snopes,this became policy during the previous administration.

nope. I refuse to believe that there are facts that make this not Obama fault. I'm going to choose to pretend these facts don't exist and continue to blame obama...

Let's see how many times this gets reported. I'm guessing we hit six by Monday and 10+ in a weeks times.

Lemmings are nothing if not predictable...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But I was first.[:)]
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    Lemmings are nothing if not predictable...

Pot meet Kettle! Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SWAT 50

The first to post erroneous and inaccurate Internet bs. I wouldn't consider that a thing to be proud of, but to each their own...
  • Options
    bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Screw BHO. I don't want and will specifically stipulate that "The President" NOT be used at my funeral as long as Obammy is President.
  • Options
    edited November -1

The first to post erroneous and inaccurate Internet bs. I wouldn't consider that a thing to be proud of, but to each their own...

I see you still haven't learned what smileys are yet , huh?
  • Options
    edited November -1

I see you still haven't learned what smileys are yet , huh?

In retrospect, that last post would probably been better in green italics.