In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I love the two cent window of opportunity!!

gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    I have never understood the buy it now option anyway.
    Why would you give a person the option to end your auction when you might actually get more than you thought.

Just start your auction for the least that you would take and then let the bids plaay out. If you only get your opening bid then that bidder did the same as clicking "buy it now".
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those frame-sandwiching grips look like they would pinch a bit during firing...
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    is this the same guy who thinks a colt mustang is worth 1400 bucks?
    SO he is 600 over on the mustang...doing the math tells me he wont sell this one either.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's smokin crack...no box, not unfired...keep dreamin sweetheart
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by garanch
    I have never understood the buy it now option anyway.

speed. with a BIN, you dont have to wait until the auction is over.

if you're the buyer, you get the item at a price you're willing to pay and you can easily have the item before the auction would normally have been over.

if you're the seller, you get and acceptable figure for the item and you have your money days(if not weeks) earlier than if the auction ran till completion.

sure, you MIGHT get more out of it if the auction runs the whole course, but getting every penny possible isnt always the goal. sometimes, breaking even or turning a small profit, or just being rid of an item is the ultimate goal.