In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg Blows

gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
edited August 2004 in General Discussion
I purchased an 835 a few years ago and its been very reliable. I recently purchased a slug barrel and I shot it once and after I cleaned it, I realized it was pitted. I called Mossberg and they said there is nothing they can do about it. They want me to send the barrel in for repair. To my knowledge, you cant repair a pitted barrel.
#2 A really small spring(about half the size of a pen spring) along with a 4mm piece of metal flew out of my barrel for no reason. The spring and 4mm plunger hold the barrel in place. This should not have happened. I called Mossberg and they said the parts are a $1.94 but they have a $7.00 minimum order with $7.00 shipping. In my opinion they should just send me the stupid spring for free. Then they try to convince me to send them the barrel. Its a 2 second job. I will never purchase another one thats for sure.

Larry
binladen.gif

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call em back and ask to speak to a manager. Yo have to throw a fit with some people. I had the plastic trigger assembly break on my Mossberg 500 20ga. Had to keep on them to get me what I needed at no charge.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the plus side, they sent some parts to a GB member's unit in Iraq totally free of charge. Too bad you aren't getting any better service than you are from them. Like Drobs said, try again.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

Lafayette.gif

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Write an *-kissing letter to them and explain how you've been a long-time fan of their products, but this experience has been a major disappointment.....

That's what we did when Remington sent me a slug barrel missing a rear sight; they sent me the sight, about a half dozen different screws, and a nice little apology, even though it was 2 or 3 years before I complained.

Try it, it just might work.
  • Options
    northern militianorthern militia Member Posts: 552 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got pits on my 500 barrel too, called mossberg they said the same thing. plus a new barrel is half the price of the gun. i cleaned it real good and used wood stove spray paint. from 5 feet away you can't tell the difference.

first rule of northern militia is that we don't talk about northern militia.