In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lay-away---for now! ; )

RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Close your eyes--(after reading this, of course)--and picture the sweetest, near-mintest nickle-plated Colt Trooper Mk III (a.k.a. the poor man's Python) with original Colt grips and 4" barrel. Super-smooth (COLT, duh!) action. Ahhhhh. [:D][:D][:D]

But I'm not rich like some of youse guys so I had to put it on LAY-AWAY today. Will take possession when I hit the next wad'o'cash...and PHOTOS to follow. (I'll pose it with my SUPER-SWEET, nickle-plated Colt PYTHON [a.k.a. the rich guy's Trooper?] with EXTRA-SMOOTH CUSTOM TUNED action and 6" barrel.) [:0][;)][8D][^]

Comments

• jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know if this is appropriate here, but when I sell firearms (I am an FFL Dealer) I offer layaway plans on all the firearms I sell.

- $50.00 down 6 month layaway plan for total sales under $1000
    - $100.00 down 12 month layaway plan for total sales over $1000

I sell just about any firearm or accessory you want. Tell me what you want, we agree on a price, I list on auction with a "Buy Now" price, you bid, it's all yours on layaway.

Just email for details
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jdyer

Don't know if this is appropriate here, but when I sell firearms (I am an FFL Dealer) I offer layaway plans on all the firearms I sell.

- $50.00 down 6 month layaway plan for total sales under $1000
    - $100.00 down 12 month layaway plan for total sales over $1000

I sell just about any firearm or accessory you want. Tell me what you want, we agree on a price, I list on auction with a "Buy Now" price, you bid, it's all yours on layaway.

Just email for details

Cool...glad to hear. I'm definitely still shopping for a DSA FAL SA58 Carbine with NO carry handle. Also a Marlin 1894SS .44 Rem. Mag.

The reason I went for this particular deal (Trooper) was it is THE finest example I've seen in a very long time. Truly near mint. "Came from some rich guy's collection"--not SURE it was ever even shot. Anyway, this local dude who owns a "FINE CLOTHING" store sidelines in guns, knives and fly fishing gear. Has MANY high-dollar collectibles. When I saw this piece, it was love at first sight. He asked for 25% down--one Benjamin--for 90 days. Price seems about right or maybe a little low compared to some listed on auction. Most wanted more for blue versions. I like nickle. Can't wait fast enough to bring her home!!! [:D][^]

WILL be in touch. Thanks. [8D]
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    jdyer,

Those are good terms. I'm willing to bet you have a pretty loyal customer base.
    edited November -1
    I do have loyal customers and a good repeat base. During season sales are great and most slaes are on layaway. From time-to-time my customers loose their jobs or have health problems and I try to give their non-refundable down payment back to them, and so far they've all come back again. I also allow my customers to buy any accessories like scopes at my dealer cost, no markup, just shipping charges. If you are fair and nice you can do a brisk business. I'll never get rich but the wife and I are aiming to save $400,000 out of the business over the next 20 years. Then we'll buy our houseboat and start thinking about retirement and let the son sell the guns.
  • hawaiipighunterhawaiipighunter Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jdyer,

kinda reminds me of a neighbor that got a catalog from a motorcycle parts/assy distributor. they sold everythign at cost plus shipping just to keep the catalog for personal uses. it helped with shipping when 3 or 4 guys ordered something. lower pricesfor us and, neighbor had wholesale prices for himself!!

kyle
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Martin - I'm still waiting for you to get that DSA FAL so we can go do some shootin.[8D] It sounds like your going to have all kinds of new toys to try out on your next trip to the range. I'm not familiar with the Colt Trooper, guess I'll have to look it up.

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

axF69201.gif
  • PointerPointer Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jdyer,do you have any running auctions up at this time?

Ohio
    Constitution,Artical 1,Section 4

mn_triumph-stipple-LG.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    Martin - I'm still waiting for you to get that DSA FAL so we can go do some shootin.[8D] It sounds like your going to have all kinds of new toys to try out on your next trip to the range. I'm not familiar with the Colt Trooper, guess I'll have to look it up.

axF69201.gif

Matt: I, TOO, am still waiting--for the cash to procure said FAL. Maybe jdyer's deal will help. I've got a daughter that I'm trying to get to Wales in September (for 9 months of school). After she departs, I've got some items to sell that may help speed up the process. I have to wait because if she sees me with "extra" money, she thinks it should be hers for her trip.

Re: the Trooper--mine is the Mk III, which is basically a step below the Python, more or less. Fine piece of firearm. Had a plain Trooper when I was in college--nice, but NOT as nice as the Mk III--and I sold it YEARS ago when I was desperate. [:(]
    edited November -1
    Just shoot me an email and let me know what you want.
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might help if we knew where you are located, other than the USA.
    David from jax

Have Gun, will travel<br>
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl

Cool...glad to hear. I'm definitely still shopping for a DSA FAL SA58 Carbine with NO carry handle.

Thought you might find this link interesting with regard to your future DSA SA58 aquisition...

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145087

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Mateo, interesting indeed. Do YOU own an FAL? [:)]

I noticed the last line of the thread you linked regarding the StG58 vs. the SA58. He posted: "I am glad I bought it, glad I went with DSA, and glad I got the STG58 rather than the SA58."

I wrote to DSA a while back regarding the difference and this is what they replied: "THE STG 58 IS MADE OF PRIMARILY AUSTRIAN PARTS AND THE SA58 IS PRIMARILY NEW AND US PARTS. Both are built to order and both have the compliant US parts. The STG 58 is more of the original design and the SA58 is built how ever you want it to look."

So, how could that make much difference? [:)]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    Thanks, Mateo, interesting indeed. Do YOU own an FAL? [:)]

I noticed the last line of the thread you linked regarding the StG58 vs. the SA58. He posted: "I am glad I bought it, glad I went with DSA, and glad I got the STG58 rather than the SA58."

I wrote to DSA a while back regarding the difference and this is what they replied: "THE STG 58 IS MADE OF PRIMARILY AUSTRIAN PARTS AND THE SA58 IS PRIMARILY NEW AND US PARTS. Both are built to order and both have the compliant US parts. The STG 58 is more of the original design and the SA58 is built how ever you want it to look."

So, how could that make much difference? [:)]

Makes me think that one is an inch and the other is a metric. Metric seems to be preferred, but from an accuracy standpoint, I don't think it would matter at all.

I don't know much at all about DSA's different models, but thought you would be interested.

The FAL Files is a great place to get answers. Some truely obsessed folks lurk there...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    [:D] I know you have a lot of irons in the fire, I was just pickin a little.[:o)] I just looked up the Colt Trooper MKIII and its looks really nice and solid, congrats on the find.

axF69201.gif