In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Show excitement

ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2006 in General Discussion
Went to the dog and pony show here in K.C. MO. today and left just before the fun started. It was packed and some less than desirable people were cruising around. I hung out for awhile and decided to leave my brother hanging. He's a big boy, he can take care of himself. I call him a little later to see if he found anything and he told me he stopped a "gangsta" from stealing a Sig. He was standing there watching this thug handle it and as he looked towards my brother he turned away acting like he was checking something out. When my brother looked back up he was gone and so was the Sig. He checked with the vendor and he said "oh sheet, where did it go" My brother told him to follow him as he took off running after the guy. He grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him back. My brother said that he made a move of aggression and the dummy whimpered and handed him the gun. While the vendor went to get the Police at the front door the guy started crying. Then he took off in a sprint for the side door. My brother has two replacement hips and decided he had done enough. I certinaly don't blame him. Could you imagine the law suit if he hurt the gangsta? or if he crippled himself while in a fight with the guy. The law pulled the dummy out of a nearby drain pipe about 30 minutes later.

My brother and I both have our CCWs and we both followed the rules by not packing them into the show. Just think if he went out there and got into and was needing it.

Comments

• Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Attempted theft of a firearm is a felony--even if he was unsuccessful and even if it was a Sig. He has probably not done all the crying he's going to do.

Good for you brother and I'm glad he's okay!
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if your brother feels like getting a lawyer and filing suit against the thug for "aggrivating his hip" in such a stupid move. Its about time the thugs had to think about these types of wasteful suits themselves. I'm tired of feeling like they have no thoughts about who all they are affecting.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I wonder if your brother feels like getting a lawyer and filing suit against the thug for "aggrivating his hip" in such a stupid move. Its about time the thugs had to think about these types of wasteful suits themselves. I'm tired of feeling like they have no thoughts about who all they are affecting.

Because suits cost $$. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    Attempted theft of a firearm is a felony...

True, unless it's a Jennings in which case you'll get off on an automatic insanity plea [:D]

Seriously, I went to a gun show yesterday and saw several "gangsta" types looking over the handguns, pointing them sideways, etc. I know the dealers were nervous and wanted to toss them out but they were afraid of being sued for stereotyping or racism. Those "gangstas" didn't even know what they were looking at but would just grab one and say "yo, how much is DIS one?" [:(!]
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck I was more upset to watch the punks that were buying all the cheap AR 15s, one cop at the door said he was worried about looking down the barrel of these before long.I was a inside shooting range today and the same kind of punks were in there buying all the 223 ammo they had. Make a guy wonder why this type was buying all the ARs and the Ammo it looked like they could have spent the money on some food and clothing. Same show you were at yesterday
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    The dealer give your brother a deal on anything? If it was me I would have.
  • Options
    ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D@D
    The dealer give your brother a deal on anything? If it was me I would have.

Nope, not yet. He did take his name and phone number.