In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GunBroker...Auction vs. Forums?

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in General Discussion
Most people sign up on the auction side of GunBroker, then eventually find their way over to the forum side. Some sign up on the forums, and never do register on the auction side, and vice-versa. For those of you that signed up on one side or the other, how long did it take to sign up on the "other" side? And why did you finally decide to?

For me it took a little over 2 years, after I signed up on the auction side, to finally register here on the forums. I was a lurker here in the forums, for quite some time, before registering on this side. I had some questions....and opinions, so I signed up. Been hanging around here, and there, for 5 years today. Signed up on the auction side 6-30-99. Forums 7-13-01.
Guess it is my anniversary today. [:0]
My how time flies when you are having fun. [}:)]

Our esteemed moderator signed up on the auction side 4-20-99,
forums 8-28-99, didn't take him as long. WTG nunn. [;)]
He has been a busy boy on the auction side. [:p]

The gene pool needs chlorine.

Comments

• Options
    kenneth and melissakenneth and melissa Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I signed up on both the same day if i remember right[:D]

Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Mad_moose.gifDiani.gif
  • Options
    Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Auctions first, forums later. I don't remember how long between the 2, but my wife says this place keeps me outta the bars!

MVC-031S.jpg

"The Greatest Battle Implement Ever Devised!"
    -- Gen. George S. Patton
    referring to the M1 Garand
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went googling for a Remington 582 and found GB. Saw the "Forums" tag and since I was a member of several others, I took a look, liked what I saw and signed on. That was over four years ago. I've seen a lot of changes since, some good but mostly not so good. Lots of the oldtimers are still here, some have moved on to other boards, some have created their own, and some have simply vanished.

Clouder..
  • Options
    pahrumpaloonpahrumpaloon Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I started the Auction side of things before the forums. I had read a lot of postes before I sighned up but I was a bit shy about posting my typing skills are lacking and some posts are rather nasty and so what the heck. I have even been poofed.

NO GUNS NO FREEDOM
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I found GB by accident,don't remember how,in April of '03.
    Started w/the auction and shortly after signed up on the forum.
    The rest,as they say,is history![:D][:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe mine was simultaneous, or virtually so. I'm almost certain I was responding in the "Wanted" and "Experts" forums before I was bidding. I was drawn over here by interaction with Beach in those forums and lurked for a long time before participating on this one. In retrospect, given the large number of really great folks I've encountered, that was a tactical error . . . but at least one I rectified.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And liberals / DemoWipes" (me)
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I browsed the auctions for about six months before I bought much of anything, then after about a year I found the forums here. Now I don't really go to the auction side for much of anything, but I spend quite a bit of time here on the forums.

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    Needed advice so I signed up for the forums, signed up for the auction site a few months after just to ask a seller a question but I have yet to find a deal I liked on the auction site.