In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Calibers VS. Fishing Lures

GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
edited April 2006 in General Discussion
Are'nt most calibers just made for us humans and not the game we kill? Just like most Fishing lures are not made for the fish.....just made for Fisherman. do we really need a caliber in between the .243 and the 25.06? Do we really need a chartruse colored pig worm? [:D]

Comments

• Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are your really Cartod or did he forget to log off and this is his wife talking?

Of course we need more calibers, more colored lures, more, more, more. Are you insane man? Why else would they sell those 15 compartment tackle boxes and 56 gun gunsafes? We need more.
  • Options
    FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The chartreuse is particularly effective on gay Kentucky spotted bass. You may not want to actually eat these specimens, but, for pete's sake, don't release them either![xx(][}:)][:D]
  • Options
    ODOR YODERODOR YODER Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [V][V]4 days of bass fishing on the big G ALA. and only one fish I think you need all the lures you can find.[V][V] HOW MANY GUNS DO YOU HAVE?? better luck next time
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    I dunno. I find hunting ducks with a Howitzer and hunting deer with a Howitzer have similar results. One caliber is fine by me.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many golf clubs does it take to play a couple hours golf on the same course, hitting the same size ball? At least hunters use different calibers for different game and different environments.
  • Options
    bigride203bigride203 Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah we need different calibers for different animals...it has nothing to do with the obsessive/compulsive tendencies of gun nuts...er...enthusiasts.

It's the insatiable search for something new...bigger and better.