In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Busted a shoplifter today

IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,587 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
It was not his first theift from my store but I caught him today. 17 year old little punk. Mom was pissed. seems like laws protect the POS and do nothing for the retailer.

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Arrest made?

He is in adult land where I live...
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Adult in SC, too.
  • IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,587 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cops held him in the car until his mom got there. Under a 1,000 dollars so he got a 200 ticket and a slap on the wrist
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Victim land to a liberal. Why don't you quit picking on him, I mean you guys are rich and he apparently has nothing. Just let him have what he wants, sheesh
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by big800
    Cops help him in the car until his mom got there. Under a 1,000 dollars so he got a 200 ticket and a slap on the wrist
    [:D]
  • 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    It was not his first theift from my store but I caught him today. 17 year old little punk. Mom was pissed. seems like laws protect the POS and do nothing for the retailer.
    Back in the day a mom would be very pissed, but at her kid, not at the store.

WTH over?
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    somehow i does not seem you are in tune with the current process of sharing with the less bountiful....i suspect you may soon receive a visit from a govt re-education officer who will realign your thoughts to comply with the present administrations social equality adjustment policy...better stock up some tinfoil
    edited November -1
    Mom was not happy. I could have got him on assault because he pushed me. Shopligting was almost on going to happen because I stop him before he left with everything. The 450.00 in belts that he melted the hard tags off was not good the only thing. they would hit him with was the 30.00 necklace he still had on him
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Mom was not happy. I could have got him on assault because he pushed me. Shopligting was almost on going to happen because I stop him before he left with everything. The 450.00 in belts that he melted the hard tags off was not good the only thing. they would hit him with was the 30.00 necklace he still had on him

DO IT!!!! You let off on the shove, the next thing ya know hes shooting somebody. Show him he can't get away with it!!!!
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    Too bad you can't take a picture of him blow it up and put it in your store window saying he's a worthless POS thief
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Are you guys really so powerless and frustrated at your lots in life that you want to stick it to this kid that hard?

I'm all for busting shoplifters, but you folks sound like the mob out of a Frankenstein movie, pitchforks and all.

Take a deep breath, sit back, relax, and realize that not everything is a political statement and that if we beheaded shoplifters, we'd be living in China or Saudi Arabia.

(And having busted more than a few shoplifters in my time, I'm no stranger to how stupid and worthless those types are - I'm simply not that aggrieved at society at large)
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chop his hands off.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you know he will come back when he is 18[^]
  • wolf81wolf81 Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    where is it you work walmart? the walmarts up here in va suck used to have cops doing the job but not any more and the one were my mom works.. the ones get fired all the time for not doing anything
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I found his mom.
    http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story/Woman-Charged-After-Baby-Car-Seat-Thrown/Abg9pxL6Vk6wSzecDAa3cw.cspx

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Police have charged a Memphis woman who they say used a child car seat with a 2-month-old infant inside to strike a Wal-Mart store employee.
    Detective Monique Martin said in a release Monday that Camilla Fields was charged with one felony count of child abuse and neglect and one count of assault.

A police report from the May 20 incident said Fields was carrying the car seat when she was confronted by a loss prevention officer about shoplifting from the store.

Police said Fields threw the seat and ran away and the baby landed face down on the pavement. An emergency medical technician performed treatment until the baby regained consciousness.

The child's mother, Stacey Cleaves, was also charged with false reporting and child neglect.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wipala
    Too bad you can't take a picture of him blow it up and put it in your store window saying he's a worthless POS thief

Why can't ya?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    Are you guys really so powerless and frustrated at your lots in life that you want to stick it to this kid that hard?

Yes.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor

Yes.
    At least you're honest.[;)]
    edited November -1

I'm all for busting shoplifters, but you folks sound like the mob out of a Frankenstein movie, pitchforks and all.

Take a deep breath, sit back, relax, and realize that not everything is a political statement and that if we beheaded shoplifters, we'd be living in China or Saudi Arabia.

(And having busted more than a few shoplifters in my time, I'm no stranger to how stupid and worthless those types are - I'm simply not that aggrieved at society at large)

It was not his first time he had already gotten away with 500 + before so yes I would like to "stick it to him" This type of person costs all alot
    edited November -1
    big800,

Then press charges for assault and battery.
  • Dyer_MakerDyer_Maker Member Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Before becoming a police officer I worked loss prevention for a few retail stores. I was always frustrated with the local PD's. They would write a ticket and let them go. Must would not be heard from until they were caught again. Now that the shoe is on the other foot I inconvience the perps as much as I can. I take them all back to our station for processing(finger prints/photo ect).Over 18 they post a bond or go to jail and juveniles parents get to come to the station to pick up their lil darlins.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dyer looks like he's green with envy[:D]
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm all for posting his picture in the store front window and at cashier stations ... with a caption that reads "Known POS Shoplifter"

Leave it up for 6 months or so ... along with anyone else you catch shoplifting.

I think cutting off his hands is a bit extreme.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 53hawkeye
    Back in the day a mom would be very pissed, but at her kid, not at the store.

WTH over?

Back in the day the kids Mom/Dad would whoop his rear end and the kid would turn out to be an upstanding adult.