In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

XD40 - pretty good gun!

ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
edited April 2008 in General Discussion
I rented a Springfield XD40 today and was pleasantly surprised at its performance. For a polymer-framed gun, the recoil was very tame compared to other .40 calibers. Even my CZ 40P has more of a sharp kick to it than the XD40 did.

Accuracy was decent and would probably have been better if there had a been a better shooter behind the gun. Out of a hundred rounds I had one failure to feed, but I blame that more on the poor maintenance of the pistol by the range than any inherent design flaw.

The grip was comfortable and fit my hand just right, so for those of you with hands that aren't the size of hubcaps, this gun should be right up your alley. The ambidextrous mag release is also easy to reach and manipulate with either your thumb or trigger finger without being a nuisance or hazard when you want the mag to stay in.

My overall impression of it is very positive and I can see buying one of these for myself in the near future.

Comments