In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why am I feeling this way?

silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
Help people! I need something to calm me down. I've been having real stressful weeks at work and I need my two days(sat.& sun.) off every two weeks to spend with my fiance.

See I dont get to see here any other time. Just email and phone messages. Soo tonight she stops by my work(real surprise she never does that)and I was tickled. She starts goin what are we doin this weekend. I get kinda excited and I got all these ideas on what we can do. And she starts hintin around about me sleepin late and not doin anything. And then says on Saturday shes goin with some friends to do a bunch of stuff.

Oh I'm mad. Its Friday morning and you tell me this now! I feel like a jealous highschool kid, but I really was lookin forward to some stuff. Wouldn't be soo bad if when I want to go do something with the guys she wouldn't give me grief til I say forget it.

Soo what should I do? Blow it off or tell her how I feel? And then try to put something together with the guys?

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi

Comments

• BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I say round up a buddy or two and then go pop off a couple hundred rounds down range. Then go rent a few UFC Ultimate Ultimate's and A Night Of Champions, along with your cold drink of choice! Gun fire and full contact fightin, you can't go wrong.

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

star_wars_kid.gif
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell her she means the world to you, that you haven't been this close to anyone since prison. Tell her how the cracks in the kitchen tile are sending you secret messages to do bad things to yourself in the bathroom and to your neighbor's puppy. Tell her that you know that a Buick is the conveyance of Satan, and that there are no decaffeinated coffees that taste as good as the caffeinated ones. She will love you for this and invite you to go bowling.
  • knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now that`s gotta be the best advice I`ve seen given on this forum.
    It kinda makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy from the brotherhood shown here at GB.

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"
  • dwhitwo254dwhitwo254 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And if all else fails, tell her you are taking her out and then stop at the local nudie bar and say..its amateur nite. Works every time. Well usually.
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Tell her how you feel, and let her go out with her friends.
    Girls get so involved with their families they loose touch
    with eachother too. You go out with the guys and have fun,
    let her have some time out too. Plan something nice for the
    two of you on Sunday, and tell her not to stay out too
    late, so she'll have some energy left for you on Sun.
    Fair is Fair.
  • HokkmikeHokkmike Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give her some space. In the short run its kind of hards. But in the long run it will pay dividends. It will show her that you trust her and respect her as an individual. Get yourself busy with something else.

Sako Fan
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Geez..sounds a bit like someone is PW

Mudge the independent

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds a lot like someone is PW
    [:O][:I]

Mudge the manly man[}:)]

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is she just busy on Saturday? Do the same thing to her on Sunday. When she want's to see you Sunday say something like... "oh, sorry, I'm sleeping late and then doing something with some friends." You can see her next weekend. It's no fun to be blown off and if you let her do it to you on Saturday she'll do it more and more often. Stand up for yourself.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:p]quote:Originally posted by silver6
    Soo what should I do? Blow it off or tell her how I feel? And then try to put something together with the guys?

Can you say WHIPPED?

No question about it;
    Blow it off and put something together with the guys!

Do you want her to feel smothered ... or that you are so "needy" she has to be with you every free moment?

Because of our schedules, my wife and I only get to see each other on Tuesday and Thursday nights and every-other Sunday. When she says she's going to do something with the girls, my standard response is "Can I film it? [;)][}:)]"

In reality, its my chance to do the things she doesn't particularly enjoy ... the last thing I'm going to do is mope around and waste a perfectly good weekend.
    GBLogo-170x60.gif
    Member Since 8/29/1999
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Women need to keep touch with their girlfriends. No offense guys, but your idea of emotional support pales in comparison to the comfort we recieve during a really good "b$%#@ session" with our girls.
    Let her go, you'll be glad you did later.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I agree with ROL. Let her go. Men in general complain about us needing to talk so let her go get that from her girlfriends. If you dont... well then she will be looking to get it from a male friend.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im certainly the last person to give good advice on women,but seems like I deal alot as a counselor.If you only have 2 days off every 2 weeks seems to me she would like to spend them with you.I would be 100% honest with her about how you feel.(I know its not something us men are good at)But the truth will never come back to bight you in the butt.[;)]

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Absolutely, you should tell her how you feel, without sarcasm or any passive/aggressive "go ahead, do what you want....I'll just stay home....by myself...."crap.
    To be honest, my ex was one of those guys who didn't want me to have girlfriends, he didn't understand why I would need anyone but him. I was his 'best friend', afterall, why shouldn't he be mine?
    One of the reasons that I have surmised for my marriage "going south" is that this plan eventually backfired on him. How exhausting is it to be the only social outlet or emotional support for any person?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make her write down her schedule. Look at it and agree. Get your back up girlfriend to come over and make sure she is there when the other one returns... OOOPs.. your not the only fish in the sea...
  • Edmond_DantesEdmond_Dantes Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i agree with chappsyny. get your revenge. but then again, that's what i'm all about these days, hence the name!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Grab a 12 pack, and a good pair of binocs and go stalking.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • allrndcowboy123allrndcowboy123 Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All you can do is let her do her thing. Its hard, but you ain't gonna stop it. Hell, my girlfriend of 3 yrs is going out tonight for her birthday and she made it clear she doesn't want me to go.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Silver6, I highly recommend going shooting on Sun.

Molon Labe
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess Im really old fashioned and very lucky,my wife would never go out with friends on her birthday.Thats special time we share and celebrate together.My wife doesnt drink and has probably never stepped foot in a bar.As far as going out with the girls,she goes to lunch with them and shopping.But never said to me I dont want you to come along,but Ive never given her a reason to say it.I have never had a problem with the female gatherings and make up and cook ware party's.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some folks can't stand prosperity. She wants to spend some time with the girls and you can do what you want and you want to cry about it. Hell, if you get married you will see what too much time tigether will make you do. Things like going to the dump or taking the car in for an oil change or even going to old Aunt Ednas funeral will seem like a trip ti Disney World as long as you get to do it without her.
    Enjoy you freedom now and let her do the same. One day you both will be sitting watching reruns waiting for the other to die. Don

I respect the truth too much to bring it out on every occasion.

The biggest regret of my life is the number of temptations I've resisted successfully.
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    I felt the same way about my fiance until I decided to sack up and go hang with the fellas. Whatever you do, don't sit at home wimpering, or tell her you are waiting around for her to come home. Go have some fun and drink some beer.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    Life sucks and then you die.
    Deal with it!
  • WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Tell her how you feel, then tell her you understand she wants to spend time with her friends and let her go. Cha-ching! You just earned some credit. While she's gone, hang out with the guys. Down the road, when you want to hang out with your buddies or do your own thing, pull out that credit and cash it in. Win-win situation!

"If guns kill people, then I can blame my pencil for my spelling mistakes!" -- Larry the Cable Guy
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you say lap dance? Go out and enjoy yourself build up your bachelor memories while you can. One of these days after your married you'll be looking for some kinky memories to distract you while your making love to same woman you've been with for the last 10 years.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    This is where I might get myself into a bit of trouble with the other female members but something in his post hit me, and you might not have seen it...

quote:I need my two days(sat.& sun.) off every two weeks to spend with my fiance.

EVERY TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!...She has 2 weekends to spend with her girlfriends out of a month....I think she should be spending time with you on your weekend off.....

To me she is being selfish if she is scheduling her girlfriends on the only time you guys have together when there are other weekends free.....and if the only time you see her is sat and sun every two weeks, then what about the rest of the month?...doesnt she have time for her girlfriends and other things so she can spend that time with you?...What is her reason for scheduling things with her friends on your days off?...

At least that is how I read it...

cute_skunk.gif

Hudson.gif
    Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah KITTY WHIPPED .. Been there a couple times.....
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same reply as rugster.... I'd just go buy a gun or two, several cases of rounds, and go to the range....

976371019-1.jpg "Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it." Lord Chesterfield
  • knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still say D W S has the correct advice, Forget what all these other people are tryin to tell ya and go bowling!

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    this line says it all
    you write

Wouldn't be soo bad if when I want to go do something with the guys she wouldn't give me grief til I say forget it.

you got trouble coming and you don't even know it yet
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't sound like you a very close! She also seems somewhat independent. You may want to sit down and talk it out honestly. Could be you are each just co-dependent at this point. ...Molly

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.....Benjamin Franklin ...1759...//// YOU KNOW WHAT IS REALLY ANNOYING? TO ENGAGE IN DEBATE WITH A PERSON'S INTELLECT, ONLY TO DISCOVER YOU ARE REALLY ARGUING WITH THEIR EGO!... MOLLY...2005
  • jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]She came by EARLY to tell you[?][?][?]and you think you have a problem[?][?][?]You need to watch some SEINFELD[:p][:p][:p][:D]

I'm only wearing Black untill they make something darker
  • silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thax peeps. I just had to vent alittle. She ended breaking off her day early and came by and went to dinner and spent alittle quality time together. I guess maybe I shouldn't have posted what I did on here because she bout ripped me a new one. Just for the record Im not PW and I am more independent than she is. She just had poor decision making and she can't say no sometimes when people ask her to do things. But thanx for the help. Sometimes just putting things down on the board help me see what it really is.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi