In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Florida Judge rules Obamacare Unconstitutional

Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/31/AR2011013103804.html

Unfortunately he didn't issue an injunction to stop it from proceeding even though he ruled id unconstitutional. 1 state down 49 to go

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    He declared the entire Health Care Act unenforceable! Next stop: SCOTUS!
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think shepard Smith is going to cry again
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    I think shepard Smith is going to cry again
    He better not, his mascara will run.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, just heard it on the radio.

"Fl Federal Judge rules Obama Health Care is unconstitutional!"

Federal Judge Rodger Vinson found the law's insurance coverage mandate violates the Constitution's commerce clause, but ruled against state arguments that a federally directed expansion of Medicaid is coercive.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    Was this just a lower florida judge, or the Florida state supreme court?

If it wasn't the Florida Supreme court, the next stop isn't the SCOTUS.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by moonshine
    link??

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/federal-florida-judge-rules-obamacare-individual-mandate-unconstitutional/

A federal judge in Florida has ruled that the president's health care overhaul, "Obamacare," is unconstitutional. The judge based his ruling on the unconstitutionality of the law's individual mandate. The ruling affects the 26 states who had joined together to file a case against the law, but also has implications for the entire country.

U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson ruled Congress overstepped its bounds by instituting the individual mandate, but also said the entire law was unconstitutional since the individual mandate is not "severable," Fox News reports. Vinson did not go as far as to issue an injunction blocking the law from being implemented.

Last month, a federal judge in Virginia also ruled that the individual insurance mandate of the Obamacare was unconstitutional. That judge, however, did not go as far as to say the entire law would be unconstitutional.

The ruling is just one more example of why the law is unpopular, and why it faces an uphill battle before being fully implemented in 2014. Still, despite the ruling in Virginia, the president doubled-down on his support of the bill last week, defiantly brushing aside those who question the overhaul.

"You may have heard once or twice this is a job-crushing, granny-threatening, budget-busting monstrosity," Obama said. "That just doesn't match up to the reality."

"I can report that Granny is safe," he quipped.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    Just saw it on the news...
    He said the whole thing is unconstitutional and needs to be thrown out...I don't know if he granted an injunction to prevent the states from billions in set up costs.
    There are 12 other lawsuits on different merits of the law set to be decided soon.
    I can't wait till the supreme court rules against this usurping, traitorous presidebt so we don't turn into Egypt, Lebanon or Tunisia.
    although it might be fun to stand around the capitol chanting "hey hey, ho ho, Obama got to go"
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    and there was much rejoicing!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Almost makes me think there may be a judge or two with half a brain. He actually cited the constitution. Maybe some federal judge has actually read the constitution. Wonders never cease.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I'm hearing the judge crossed his T and dotted his I on this ruling
  • Options
    topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys are forgeting, Obama don't play no constitution game.
    Hell if we were going by the constitution, he would'nt even be
    in the white house.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    err...wasn't Obama a Constitution professor at one time?
  • Options
    CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    That doesn't mean what you think it means.

That means he's an expert and using "handwavium" to circumvent it.