In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig Pro Pro's and Con's

96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
edited November 2004 in General Discussion
I got recertified at the Sig armorer class. They gave a rebate certificate of $100.00 to those who passed. Said make your best deal on any Sig product and get an additional $100.00 off from Sig.

They had a Sig Pro in the class that we got to strip down to components. I thought it was pretty impressive but I also liked the 1911 in .45. Anyway, any of you guys have a Sig Pro and if so, how do you like it? I asked about FFL's making their best deal from a supplier and they said it counted as well. I saw one with night sights for $449.00. That would be $349.00 after rebate.

What does New York Compliant mean? The gun has a 15 pound trigger pull?

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    There are four SIGPros in my PD. They work every time, just like the all metal guns.

I prefer the metal guns because of personal prejudice, and they are more armorer-serviceable than the plastic guns.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I noticed that David. The Pro breaks down to assemblies and no farther. They said you could buy the hammer and sear as one complete working assembly unlike the 239's and 220's we tinkered with in class that you took down to bare bones.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    I carried my Sig Pro 2340 before my department issued Glock 31C's. Never had a problem, no jams. I think the Glocks and the plastic Sig's are of equal durability and reliability. Both good guns. I just wish my department had chosen the .40cal Glock.