In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dances

.280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in General Discussion
I don't post a whole lot on the various forums, but I do read a fair amount of what others post and thus notice things from time to time.

One of the things that I have noticed is that you often appear to become fixated (for lack of a better word) on certain phrases and obscure references that you use in many posts over periods of time. That the use of the term "assault rifles" in somebody's post causes you to bang your head against a wall is but one example. [;)] Others would have to include "peeing sitting down", "undescended testicles", "Alice", Cher's "I Believe", etc.

Some I understand, but others go zinging completely over my head. Normally when I see a reference that I don't quite "get", whether by you or someone else, I can simply do a Google search that clears things up for me.

This latest one, though has me baffled (and, I can only assume, some other folks as well) and I was wondering if you would care to shed some light on it. I am referring to your recent use of the term "non-pixelated" in a number of posts. I tried Googling it without coming to any understanding of exactly what you are trying to say.

Just for my own edification, and if you wouldn't mind?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    You're the only one.[;)] Try searching "pixelated camo" under google images.

Ben
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is like saying "niagara falls" to curly
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's a matter .280, having a heavy flow day? heh, heh, heh... some guys are just naturally funny!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha
    What's a matter .280, having a heavy flow day? heh, heh, heh... some guys are just naturally funny!

Well, ............. I HAVE gone through 3 pads already today, but my question WAS an honest one. [:)]
  • Options
    restoreguyrestoreguy Member Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Pixelated is what happens when you glass too much black tar opium. Non-pixelated is when you need some more.
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you google "non-pixelated bdus", the first hit is a GB thread from last year where I made an * of myself (can you imagine?). Of course, I'm a lot calmer and refined now. BTW, I know plants have feelings, but how is it you can type?
  • Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    If you google "non-pixelated bdus", the first hit is a GB thread from last year where I made an * of myself (can you imagine?). Of course, I'm a lot calmer and refined now. BTW, I know plants have feelings, but how is it you can type?

How do you know?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Blckhrn

How do you know?

http://www.inq7.net/lif/2003/jun/24/lif_22-1.htm
  • Options
    FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, pixelated is a modern, computer-community colloquialism that came into existence through the misspelling of "pixie-lated", a word invented by illiterate early Americans in the Appalachian area of Irish descent and most recently used in an episode of The Andy Griffith Show, or Mayberry, RFD in which two elderly ladies are busted for making and selling moonshine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Notice it is from the Phillipines?
  • Options
    edited November -1

I ain't sayin' nuttin', pal.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I ain't sayin' nuttin', pal.

Saw the Rock Island today, it ain't bad. $310. My FFL shoots 1911 and quite liked it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How dare you get back on track, when I so deftly led you astray!?[:(!][V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BTW, I know plants have feelings, but how is it you can type?

Okay, so I forgot one, sue me! [:D]

I went and Googled "non-pixelated bdus" and took a look at the thread per your instructions and am still drawing a blank vis a vis my original question. I fully acknowledge that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, thus, ..............?

You might be assuming that I am joking, but I assure you that I am sincere in asking you this.
  • Options
    ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Non pixelated bdu's=old school. Do you have any respect for old school? If you don't then you're bound to repeat histories mistakes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by .280 freak
    BTW, I know plants have feelings, but how is it you can type?

Okay, so I forgot one, sue me! [:D]

I went and Googled "non-pixelated bdus" and took a look at the thread per your instructions and am still drawing a blank vis a vis my original question. I fully acknowledge that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, thus, ..............?

You might be assuming that I am joking, but I assure you that I am sincere in asking you this.

Yes! See there, you've been pixie-lated!! Woodland faeries have sprinkled some sort of magic dust on your brain!! You have special powers with which to battle reality, and this makes you seem a little strange to others, at times. Andy would understand and make allowances for you. Barney might not. What a terrific combination, a pixie-lated rifleman in a pixelated BDU, passe, but mysteriously effective.[:D][:p][8D][:D]