In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I need truck help! Update

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in General Discussion
Yesterday, after driving thru heavy undergrowth, my speedometer quit working and tranny started to be really rough shifting. I suspect I may have pulled a wire loose but don't see anything amiss just by crawling under it. I will try to get it on a lift later today for a better look.
Any suggestions where/what problem is? Truck is 95 F150. Any help much appreciated. Tom
Put truck in shop since I couldn't find anything out of order. I had checked all wiring that I could see and checked fuzes. Seems like I missed the right fuze or checked it wrong but that was the problem, blown fuze. Sort of feel like a dumbazz but it only cost 2 bucks so I left there smiling. Tom
<BR>Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.<P>

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speedometer is controled by the rearend. I pulled the wire apart on my F150 and had the same trouble. I craweled under it and it is on the top of the left side of the rear end. I hope this helps. Don

"I would not mind being the last man on earth just to see if all those girls were telling me the truth"
  • Options
    easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check your fluid level. It just so happens that the seal around the speedometer cable's attaching point may have allowed fluid to leak out until it got to a certain low point.

"They're in front of us, they're behind us, they're to our left and to our right...they can't get away now." Chesty Puller

SEMPER FI
  • Options
    agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The second poster is right - you've definitely pulled a wire off of the speed sensor on the rear end. Manual transmission trucks will just throw an error code and burn up the O2 sensors (for some unknown reason), but auto trucks won't shift or run properly.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Well now, you say you have a F 150 and you need truck help....

I beg to differ....you just need a truck....[:o)][:o)][;)]

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR, you may be right. It only has 225K and giving me this kind of grief. After I get back from San Antonio in a couple of weeks I'll give it another hundred to straighten out or away it goes!! Tom

<BR>Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.<P>
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox
    BR, you may be right. It only has 225K and giving me this kind of grief. After I get back from San Antonio in a couple of weeks I'll give it another hundred to straighten out or away it goes!! Tom

I say leave the odometer disconnected, put another hundred thousand on the truck and sell it as a low-milage, only rode to the range on
    Sundays, creampuff.
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    where can i get me a speed sensor for my rear end?
    i think that'd be cool.

quote:Originally posted by agman1999
    The second poster is right - you've definitely pulled a wire off of the speed sensor on the rear end. Manual transmission trucks will just throw an error code and burn up the O2 sensors (for some unknown reason), but auto trucks won't shift or run properly.

I'm a geek, and I'm proud of it!