In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trail Camera

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
I'm considering getting one and was wondering some pros and cons. I'll definately go digital, but I see a lot are powered off 4 C batteries, is solar better? Do they all have screens to view the pics at the camera or do you need to have an extra memory card to switch out each time?

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Okay,who is the resident "Game Camera" guru? I have many of the cheapo's,but am wanting to jump for a top notch camera,with all the goodies...
  • Options
    youngsparkeyyoungsparkey Member Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not all have a view screen, the ones that do can be hard to see the picture. Battery life depends a lot on pictures taken , the temp will also play into battery life.
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    I've got a Moultrie of some kind. Can't remember now. 4mp camera. Takes great pics. Uses 6 "D" cell batteries. My batteries will last about a month and a half. Mine uses SD cards. No screen. Have two cards that I alternate out. Just slap the used one in a laptop with a card reader and I'm good to go.