In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Something to think about

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 5:21 PM
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
> >
> > In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953,
> > about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up
> > and exterminated.
> >
> >
> > In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million
> > Armenians, unable to defend themselves, ++were rounded up and
> > exterminated.
> >
> >
> > Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of
> > 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were
> > rounded up and exterminated.
> >
> >
> > China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
> > political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
> >

> >
> > Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000
> > Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
> > ----

> >
> > Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
> > Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
> >
> >
> > Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million
> > educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
> >
> >
> > Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because
> > of gun control: 56 million.
> >
> >
> > It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:
> >
> > List of 7 items:
> >
> > Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent
> > Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent
> > Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
> >
> > In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
> >
> > While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically u pward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
> >
> > There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
> >
> > You won't see this datum on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
> >
> > Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
> >
> > Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
> >
> > The next time someone talks in f avor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
> >
> > With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
> >
> > During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
> >
> > If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.
> >
> > The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
> >
> > As John Steinbeck once said:
> >
> > 1. Do not pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
> >
> > 2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
> >
> > 3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
> >
> > 4. W hen seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
> >
> > 5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt M odel 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
> >
> > 6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
> >
> > 7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'
> >
> > 8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
> >
> > But wait, there's more!
> >
> > I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, ?No, not at all.? I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers round, and they are all loaded too.' To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.
> >
> > I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please forward.
> >
> >
> >
>

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Subject: AC130's and armed predators at Benghazi

You know, it troubled me to hear that one of the SEALS in the fight in Benghazi was "painting" a target with his laser designator. You do not just "do" that. My suspicions were confirmed today by a long time operator who works with Spectre gunships and armed drones. Here is what he said: "Having spent a good bit of time nursing a GLD (ground Laser Designator) in several garden spots around the world, something from the report jumped out at me. One of the former SEALs was actively painting the target. That means that Specter WAS ON STATION! Probably an AC130U. A ground laser designator is not a briefing pointer laser. You do not "paint" a target until the weapons system/designator is synched; which means that the AC130 was on station.

Only two places could have called off the attack at that point; the WH situation command (based on POTUS direction) or AFRICOM commander based on information directly from the target area. If the AC130 never left Sigonella (as Panetta [sic] says) that means that the Predator that was filming the whole thing was armed.

If that SEAL was actively "painting" a target; something was on station to engage! And the decision to stand down goes directly to POTUS!" I paste and copied this from another thread, very compelling I'd say.

Ask military. You do not mark targets with laser, unless you are in contact with air support. Put simply, help was there.

There was communications, coordinates and laser painting targets. Doherty was trained in using the lasers in coordination with air support. He locked on to the mortar that ended up killing him.

It could have been taken out. Now Obama told a reporter that he had given an order to do everything necessary to save the victims. Either he's lying or someone defied his order.
    They are using the phrase "Stand Down". Think about that.

There is a very stark difference between refusing help and a Stand Down order! The protocol is to scramble help when the call comes in. That way you are in position when the order is given to "go". You have to be standing "Up" to receive a stand down order. Help was on scene and called off!

P.S. Gen Ham was replaced Think about that too!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Question 1:

If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the answer for this one.

Question 2:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A -

Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B -

He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C -

He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your choice? Decide first, no peeking, then scroll down for the answer.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Candidate B is Winston Churchill.

Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, the answer to the abortion question: If you said yes, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember: Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than
    500 employees and has the following statistics:

29 have been accused of spousal abuse
    7 have been arrested for fraud
    19 have been accused of writing bad checks
    117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
    3 have done time for assault
    71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
    14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
    8 have been arrested for shop! lifting

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group of idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Pain is weaness leaving the body
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Thousandth Man
    Poem lyrics of The Thousandth Man by Rudyard Kipling.
    One man in a thousand, Solomon says,
    Will stick more close than a brother.
    And it's worth while seeking him half your days
    If you find him before the other.
    Nine nundred and ninety-nine depend
    On what the world sees in you,
    But the Thousandth man will stand your friend
    With the whole round world agin you.

'Tis neither promise nor prayer nor show
    Will settle the finding for 'ee.
    Nine hundred and ninety-nine of 'em go
    By your looks, or your acts, or your glory.
    But if he finds you and you find him.
    The rest of the world don't matter;
    For the Thousandth Man will sink or swim
    With you in any water.

You can use his purse with no more talk
    Than he uses yours for his spendings,
    And laugh and meet in your daily walk
    As though there had been no lendings.
    Nine hundred and ninety-nine of 'em call
    For silver and gold in their dealings;
    But the Thousandth Man h's worth 'em all,
    Because you can show him your feelings.

His wrong's your wrong, and his right's your right,
    In season or out of season.
    Stand up and back it in all men's sight --
    With that for your only reason!
    Nine hundred and ninety-nine can't bide
    The shame or mocking or laughter,
    But the Thousandth Man will stand by your side
    To the gallows-foot -- and after!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have some friends that smoke and drink every day. I have smoked 1/2 cigarette when I was about 7. I got sick and never did it again. I drink about 8 mixed drinks a year.

I got tongue cancer along with cancer in my neck lymph nodes. My radiation doctor asked me about 5 times if I gave up smoking yet.

Now I have liver problems and don't drink. I have a fatty live I will find out on May 29th how bad it is.

What I have learned is this if you love something do it as long as you are not hurting some one else. I never drank or smoked because I was into sports. I stopped playing at 35 because it was not fun anymore.

Do what you love no one is promised tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bring my lunch to work. When I'm in the grocery store I sometimes buy individual servings of stuff which are typically used in kids lunches (i.e. fruit cups, pudding, chips, etc.)

Today, I was sitting here eating a vanilla pudding cup and it occurred to me that the cup seemed awful small, a lot smaller than I remember as a kid. Same with my bag of sour cream and onion chips. So I did a little research...

Back in the 70's a Hunt's Snack Pack pudding was 5 oz. Now they are 3.5 oz. That's 35% less than they used to have in them. A while back a bag of chips used to have 1.5 oz of chips in them, now they have 1 oz (if you're lucky). That's 33% less chips.

Back when I was a kid, a typical lunch Mom would pack for me would be a sandwich, a fruit cup, a bag of chips and a banana or apple (and some milk money). I would assume the contents of a typical lunch are no different today.

I don't think a day goes by where I don't hear something about kids nowadays being "obese" or overweight. I don't remember as a kid everyone running around waving their arms about us fatso's back then...yet we were eating 35% more food than today!

Halloween is the same way. Back in the day Halloween candy used to be "mini" sized. Now they call it "fun" sized. Mini sized was a lot more "fun" (what a bunch of BS..."fun" sized!). All 'fun' sized means is...'we're gonna' give you 35% less candy and you're gonna' like it! I digress.

And we all know the reason why all of these portions are less, right? It has nothing to do with nutrition and everything to do with profits and bottom lines.

So how is it that everyone is so 'obese' now, but they're actually eating less than we were back when we were kids?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was thinking about those prisoner abuse pictures. There was a female soldier in that picture. One of these days, she will be a grandmother and she will have to explain to her kids/grandkids as to WHY she was smiling and giving the "thumbs up" while she was standing behind a pyramid of naked men.

I sure wouldnt want to be in her shoes when her kids or grandkids bring that up.[:(]

jumpmaster.bmp
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [img][/img]cid_004201c87f3d6d3a77a06401a8c0val.jpg
    [:D][}:)][:p][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you do agree with the following statements you are obligated to celebrate Cinco de Mayo:

a) Start with one margarita and some tortillas if:
    You are a proud Mexican Citizen.
    You are working illegally here, but who cares!
    You believe that the amnesty is a right that no one can take away from you.
    You are proud of your Mexican Heritage. (In America we will respect this point)
    You want to celebrate the Battle of Puebla. (Mexico Independence day is September 15)
    You are proud that the same countrymen under General SantaAna killed our heroes at El Alamo.

Get an extra drink: If you can show me that Mexico or any other Hispanic country celebrate 4 of July with the same passion that you do 5 de Mayo

b) Get happily drunk, get some tamale, guacamole and cheer Viva Mexico! If:

You strongly agreed with the following statements made by Mexican politicians such us:
    "I want the third, fourth, fifth even the seven generation and all future generation of Hispanics in America to think "Mexico First" (Juan Hernandez, J. McCain's Campaign Advisor and now having conversation with the current occupant of the White House)

"I have proudly affirm that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders, and the Mexican migrants legal or illegal are a very important factor and part of this statement" (Mexican President Zedillo)

"The Mexican nation extends it borders into the USA. Accordingly, the government would strengthen solidarity programs with the Mexican community abroad by emphasizing their Mexican roots, and supporting literacy programs in Spanish and teaching of the Mexican history values and more important traditions of Mexico" (Mexican President Calderon).

"U.S. English is to Hispanics as the KKK is to blacks. Spanish should be the national language of this great country-America)" (Raul Yzaguirre Former CEO of La Raza).

You are one of the 58% of Mexicans in American territory agree with the following statement "The territory of the United States' southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico".

Well...Are you ready to celebrate? Sorry, I can't join you. I am an American Citizen!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When things in your life seem almost too much to handle,
    When 24 hours in a day is not enough;
    Remember the mayonnaise jar and 2 cups of coffee.

A professor stood before his philosophy class
    And had some items in front of him.

When the class began, wordlessly,
    He picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar
    And started to fill it with golf balls.

He then asked the students if the jar was full.
    They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured
    It into the jar. He shook the jar lightly.
    The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls.
    H e then asked the students again
    If the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand
    And poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else
    He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded
    With an unanimous 'yes.'

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table
    And poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively
    Filling the empty space between the sand.
    The students laughed.

'Now,' said the professor, as the laughter subsided,
    'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things - God, family,
    Children, health, friends, and favorite passions
    Things that if everything else was lost
    And only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the things that matter like your job, house, and car.

The sand is everything else --
    The small stuff.

'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued,
    'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls.
    The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff,
    You will never have room for the things that are
    Important to you.

So...

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
    Play with your children.
    Take time to get medical checkups.
    Take your partner out to dinner.

There will always be time
    To clean the house and fix the dripping tap.

'Take care of the golf balls first --
    The things that really matter.
    Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.'

One of the students raised her hand
    And inquired what the coffee represented.

The professor smiled.

'I'm glad you asked'.

It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem,
    there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.'

[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whether you like Rush Limbaugh or not, this is worth reading!

By: Rush Limbaugh

I think the vast differences in compensation between the victims
    of the September 11th casualty, and those who die serving the
    country in uniform, are profound. No one is really talking about
    it either because you just don't criticize anything having to do
    with September 11th.

Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says
    something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of
    this country.

If you lost a family member in the September 11th attack, you're
    going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum
    guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier
    killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct
    death benefit, half of which is taxable. Next, you get $1,750
    for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833
    a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per
    month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those
    payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people that are getting an average
    of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's
    not enough.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from
    the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking
    for the same deal that the September 11th families are getting.
    In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the
    embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you?

Folks, this is part and parcel of over fifty years of
    entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad.

Every time when a pay raise comes up for the military they
    usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green
    machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families
    have to survive on food stamps and live in low rent housing.

However our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and
    many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress
    one-time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per
    month and most are now equal to be millionaires plus. They also
    do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't
    have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay
    in for 20 years and get out as an E-7 you may receive a pension
    of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed you in harms
    way receive a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and
    join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering
    pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something
    about this ??"

just a lil' sumpin to think about
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't eat anything that a dog won't eat.

Like sushi.

Ever see a dog eat sushi? He just sniffs it and says, "I don't think so."

And this is an animal that licks between its legs and sniffs fire hydrants. - Billiam Coronel [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dont know if some of you have seen Steve Gerns video from last week since YouTube and the other social media outlets have been trying to block it.

https://youtu.be/avLnLnTGtco
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GOP ?at Point of Extinction? Due to Mass Immigration and it seems the only votes the democraps can get are from the illegals and welfare queens[xx(][:(][:(!][V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Subject: Prayer!

Something to think about.

Thought you might enjoy this interesting prayer given in Kansas at the
    opening session of their Senate. It seems prayer still upsets some people.
    When Minister Joe Wright was asked to open the new session of the Kansas
    Senate, everyone was expecting the usual generalities, but this is what they
    heard:

"Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to
    seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says, "Woe to those who
    call evil good," but that is exactly what we have done. We have lost our
    spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values. We confess that we have
    ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it Pluralism.

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
    We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.
    We have killed our unborn and called it choice.
    We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable.
    We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building
    self-esteem.
    We have abused power and called it politics.
    We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition.
    We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it
    freedom of _expression.
    We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it
    enlightenment.
    Search us, Oh, God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin
    and set us free. Guide and bless these men and women who have been sent to
    direct us to the center of Your will and to openly ask these things in the
    name of Your Son, the living Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen!"

The response was immediate. A number of legislators walked out during the
    prayer in protest. In 6 short weeks, Central Christian Church, where Rev.
    Wright is pastor, logged more than 5,000 phone calls with only 47 of those
    calls responding negatively. The church is now receiving international
    requests for copies of this prayer from India, Africa, and Korea.
    Commentator Paul Harvey aired this prayer on his radio program, "The Rest of
    the Story," and received a larger response to this program than any other he
    has ever aired.

With the Lord's help, may this prayer sweep over our nation and
    wholeheartedly become our desire so that we again can be called "one nation
    under God."

pablue.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are some scary facts that you need to know about our government and how they're handling (or NOT handling) the growing immigration crisis in this country.

Fact #1 - There are already over 47 million people getting government "handouts" each and every month in this country (keep that number in mind)

Fact #2 - There are literally MILLIONS of illegal immigrants and refugees trying to figure out a way to get across our borders.

Fact #3 - The government can't (and won't) do a darn thing about it (no, not even if we elect Donald Trump)

Fact #4 - Now take that 47 million freeloaders I told you to remember and add in a couple million new immigrants and refugees... and you've got a REAL problem.

Put them all together and you have a recipe for disaster.

When the system breaks (and it WILL break) you're going to want to be absolutely 100% sure where your next meal is coming from.

Let me show you the rest of the facts, and the solution here.

To your survival,
    Frank Bates

c 2016 Citizen Action
  • Options
    edited November -1
    US poverty on track to rise to highest since 1960s
    By HOPE YEN | Associated Press - 20 mins ago.. .

WASHINGTON (AP) - The ranks of America's poor are on track to climb to levels unseen in nearly half a century, erasing gains from the war on poverty in the 1960s amid a weak economy and fraying government safety net.

Census figures for 2011 will be released this fall in the critical weeks ahead of the November elections.

The Associated Press surveyed more than a dozen economists, think tanks and academics, both nonpartisan and those with known liberal or conservative leanings, and found a broad consensus: The official poverty rate will rise from 15.1 percent in 2010, climbing as high as 15.7 percent. Several predicted a more modest gain, but even a 0.1 percentage point increase would put poverty at the highest level since 1965.

Poverty is spreading at record levels across many groups, from underemployed workers and suburban families to the poorest poor. More discouraged workers are giving up on the job market, leaving them vulnerable as unemployment aid begins to run out. Suburbs are seeing increases in poverty, including in such political battlegrounds as Colorado, Florida and Nevada, where voters are coping with a new norm of living hand to mouth.

So much for all the jobs someone says he has made and how to defend open borders.[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    'Twas The Night Before JESUS Came'

Twas the night before JESUS came and all through the house - Not a creature was praying, no not in the house - Their Bibles were laid on the shelf without care - In hope that JESUS would not come there. -

The children were dressing to crawl into bed -Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head -And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap -Was watching the late show while I took a nap. -

When out of the East there arose such a clatter I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter -Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash. -

When what to my wondering eyes should appear ---- But Angels proclaiming that JESUS was here, ---With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray -I knew in a moment this must be the DAY! -

The light of HIS face made me cover my head -It was JESUS returning, just like HE had said -And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth -I cried when I saw HIM in spite of myself. -

In the Book of Life which HE held in HIS hand -Was written the name of every saved man, -He spoke not a word as HE searched for my name -When HE said, " It's not here", my head hung in shame. -

The people whose name had been written with love -HE gathered to take to HIS FATHER above, -With those who were ready HE rose without a sound -While all the rest were left standing around. -

I fell my knees, but it was too late, -I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate -I stood and cried as they rose out of sight -Oh, only if I had been ready to-night! -

In the words of this poem the meaning is clear -The coming of JESUS is drawing near, -There's only one life and when the last call comes; -We'll find that the HOLY BIBLE is true after all! -

Merry Christmas to you all and to all a good night!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GENERATION CRUSHED

Written by Jack Kelly

Thursday, 01 March 2012

Some 25 million young adults are living with their parents, chiefly for economic reasons, according to U.S. Census data.

Among 18 to 24 year olds, 57 percent of boys and 49 percent of girls live with Mom and Dad. So do nearly 20 percent of men and 10 percent of women aged 25-34. For women, this is about a 30 percent increase from 1980. For men, the increase exceeds 80 percent.

Young adults remain at home or return there chiefly because they don't have a job, or the job they have doesn't pay very much. Only 46 percent of Americans aged 16-24 have jobs, the lowest percentage ever recorded.

Typically, labor force participation rates are highest among Americans aged 25-54. But the unemployment rate for Americans aged 25-34 is now higher than the national average.

A majority of 872 young adults polled last fall said their yearly incomes fall under $30,000. The two advocacy groups which conducted the poll estimated that 16 percent of Americans aged 25 to 34 were underemployed. Among those aged 16 to 24, a whopping 29 percent were underemployed.

Total student loan debt, $200 billion in 2000, now approaches $1 trillion. Last year's graduates owe, on average, $25,250.

Since 1980, college tuition and fees have risen three and a half times faster than inflation. They've continued to soar even though the real earnings of college graduates have been declining since 2000. Last year tuition increased 7.9 percent at public universities, 4.5 percent at private colleges, according to the College Board.

When the cost of room, board and textbooks are added in, a "moderate" budget for an in state public college this academic year is $21,447, the College Board says. For private colleges, it's $42,224.

During the 1980-81 school year, the average cost of tuition and fees, room and board was $6,320 at public universities, $13,861 for private schools, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.

College students today aren't getting much for all that additional money. There is a pressing need for graduates in math, engineering and the hard sciences, but most students major in subjects with little economic value.

"If you think about someone going to school to pursue a career in say social work, a noble career, is it really worth it to go $100,000 to $150,000 in debt for a career that pays $30,000 to $40,000 a year?" asked Mybudget360.com.

And the content of most liberal arts courses has been dumbed down:

"To major in English at many institutions these days, you're no longer required to take a course in Shakespeare, but a course in "post-colonial feminist film" is practically mandatory," wrote Charlotte Allen of the Manhattan Institute.

"Today's college degree is the equivalent of a 1950's high school diploma," asserts Aaron Clarey in his book: "Worthless: The Young Person's Indispensible Guide to Choosing the Right Major."

Federal aid is the chief driver of college costs. It permits schools to keep raising tuition and fees because the purported beneficiaries pay a diminishing proportion of the bill immediately and directly.

A record number of Americans now have college degrees. And a record number of college graduates now are unemployed.

Despite this, President Barack Obama wants to increase federal aid. To insist that even those with little aptitude for academic work go to college does them no favors. It's bad enough to be unemployed. It's worse to be unemployed -- and owe $25,000 or more for a worthless degree.

Young people "should to go to college for a good reason, and one particularly good reason is to study science and engineering," wrote law professor Ann Althouse. "If they are going to study in some softer, less career-oriented area, the mushy notion that everybody ought to go to college is not enough, even if the President of the United States tells them it is."

Mr. Obama's plan would boost the cost of college even more. That will make it harder for those willing to study science and engineering to afford college.

But college faculty and administrators have been making out like bandits. The president's plan "is a transfer of taxpayer cash to a crucial Democratic Party voting bloc," said Andrew Cline of the New Hampshire Union Leader.

Inspired by his message of "hope and change," young people voted 2-1 for Mr. Obama in 2008. But his policies are crushing their hopes, and leaving them with little more in their pockets than spare change. An entire generation is being stunted.

Jack Kelly is a former Marine and Green Beret and a former deputy assistant secretary of the Air Force in the Reagan administration. He is national security writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Friday while i was waiting for UNC Cancer Hospital to call with my biopsy results which they never did.[:(] I got a call from someone i had not seen in over 30 years wishing me good luck and praying for me.

The last time i had seen her was right after i turned 18 and left for service. Anyway i asked her how she was doing and she said ok. We talked longer come to find out she works 3 hours a day 2 days a week. She is looking for jobs but where she lives where i grew up jobs are real scarce.

She has a 13 year old girl and lives by herself her husband died of cancer 12 years ago. She spends her day on the internet entering contest and winning things. She says she barley gets buy with the bills.

That got me to thinking about all the times i am feeling poor because after cancer since i live on dissability i cant take my wife on vacation all over the world i feel poor. Before cancer if i saw a gun i wanted i could buy it within a month or less. Now it might take a year to save up for. I was taking for granted what i had even though to me i was roughing it because i have never been poor truly poor.

Think about how great you have it too some who does not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A good reminder : take time to appreciate what you have now.
    >
    >
    >
    > On the last day before Christmas, I hurried to go to the supermarket
    >
    > to buy the gifts I didn't manage to buy earlier. When I saw all the
    >
    > people there, I started to complain to myself: 'It is going to take
    >
    > forever here and I still have so many other places to go...'
    >
    >
    >
    > Christmas really is getting more and more annoying every year.
    >
    > How I wish I could just lie down, go to sleep and only wake up
    >
    > after it was over.
    >
    >
    >
    > I started to curse the prices, wondering if kids
    >
    > really play with such expensive toys. While looking in the toy
    >
    > section, I noticed a small boy of about 5 years old pressing a doll
    >
    > against his chest. He kept on touching the hair of the doll and
    >
    > looked so sad. I wondered who this doll was for. Then the little boy
    >
    > turned to the old woman next to him: 'Granny, are you sure I don't
    >
    > have enough money?' The old lady replied: 'You know that you
    >
    > don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.' Then she
    >
    > asked him to stay here for 5 minutes while she went to look around.
    >
    > She left quickly.
    >
    >
    >
    > The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.
    >
    > Finally, I started to walk towards him and asked who he wanted to
    >
    > give this doll to. 'It is the doll that my sister loved most and wanted
    >
    > so much for this Christmas. She was so sure that Santa Claus
    >
    > would bring it to her.' I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus will
    >
    > bring it to her, after all, and not to worry. But he replied to me
    >
    > sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can not bring it to her where she is now. I
    >
    > have to give the doll to my mother so that she can give it to her
    >
    > when she goes there.' His eyes were so sad while saying this. 'My
    >
    > sister has gone to be with God. Daddy say that Mummy will also go
    >
    > to see God very soon, so I thought that she could bring the doll with
    >
    > her to give it to my sister'. My heart nearly stopped.
    >
    >
    >
    > The little boy
    >
    > looked up at me and said: 'I told daddy to tell mummy not to go yet.
    >
    > I asked him to wait until I come back from the supermarket' Then
    >
    > he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He
    >
    > then told me: 'I also want mummy to take this photo with her so
    >
    > that she will not forget me.' 'I love my mummy and I wish she
    >
    > doesn't have to leave me but daddy says that she has to go to be with
    >
    > my little sister' Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very
    >
    > quietly.
    >
    >
    >
    > I quickly reached for my wallet and took a few bills and
    >
    > said to the boy. What if we checked again, just in case if u have
    >
    > enough money?' 'Ok' he said. 'I hope that I have enough.' I added
    >
    > some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to
    >
    > count it. There was enough for the doll, and even some spare
    >
    > money. The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough
    >
    > money' then he looked at me and added: 'I asked yesterday before I
    >
    > slept for God to make sure I have enough money to buy this doll so
    >
    > that mummy can give it to my sister. He heard me' 'I also wanted to
    >
    > have enough money to buy a white rose for my mummy, but I didn't
    >
    > dare to ask God too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll
    >
    > and the white rose.' 'You know, my mummy loves white roses
    >
    >
    >
    > A few minutes later, the old lady came again and I left with my
    >
    > trolley. I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when
    >
    > I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind. Then I
    >
    > remembered a local newspaper article 2 days ago, which mentioned
    >
    > of a drunk man in a truck who hit a car where there was one young
    >
    > lady and a little girl. The little girl died right away, and the mother
    >
    > was left in a critical state The family had to decide whether to pull
    >
    > the plug on the life-assisting machine, because the young lady
    >
    > would not be able to get out of the coma. Was this the family of the
    >
    > little boy?
    >
    >
    >
    > Two days after this encounter with the little boy in mind, I read in
    >
    > the newspaper that the young lady had passed away.I couldn't stop
    >
    > myself and went to buy a bunch of white roses and I went to the
    >
    > mortuary where the body of the young woman was exposed for
    >
    > people to see and make last wish before burial.
    >
    >
    >
    > She was there, in her
    >
    > coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of
    >
    > the little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place
    >
    > crying, feeling that my life had been changed forever. The love that
    >
    > this little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to that day,
    >
    >
    > hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a drunk man had
    >
    > taken all this away from him.
    >
    >
    >
    > Now you have 2 choices:
    >
    > 1) Send this message to everybody that you know.
    >
    > 2) Or delete it and do as if it never touched your heart.
    >
    >
    >
    > If you send this message, maybe you will
    >
    > help prevent someone drunk to go driving.
    >
    >
    >

Larry
    binladen.gifShowLetter.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fact: Between 2000 and 2008 more incumbent politicians actually died in office than lost primary elections. Career politicians in Congress now enjoy more job security than the Communist Party officials in the old Soviet Politburo!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31164

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Something to think about.

Received from a friend and I think very well done:

I remember the day I found out I got into West Point . My mom actually
    showed up in the hallway of my high school and waited for me to get out of
    class. She was bawling her eyes out and apologizing that she had opened up
    my admission letter. She wasn't crying because it had been her dream for me
    to go there. She was crying because she knew how hard I'd worked to get
    in, how much I wanted to attend, and how much I wanted to be an infantry
    officer. I was going to get that opportunity.
    That same day two of my teachers took me aside and essentially told me
    the following: Nick, you're a smart guy. You don't have to join the military.
    You should go to college, instead.
    I could easily write a tome defending West Point and the military as I
    did that day, explaining that USMA is an elite institution, that separate
    from that it is actually statistically much harder to enlist in the military
    than it is to get admitted to college, that serving the nation is a
    challenge that all able-bodied men should at least consider for a host of
    reasons, but I won't.
    What I will say is that when a 16 year-old kid is being told that
    attending West Point is going to be bad for his future then there is a dangerous
    disconnect in America, and entirely too many Americans have no idea what
    kind of burdens our military is bearing.

In World War II, 11.2% of the nation served in four years.

In Vietnam , 4.3% served in 12 years.

Since 2001, only 0.45% of our population has served in the Global War
    on Terror.

These are unbelievable statistics.
    Over time, fewer and fewer people have shouldered more and more of the
    burden and it is only getting worse.
    Our troops were sent to war in Iraq by a Congress consisting of 10%
    veterans with only one person having a child in the military
    Taxes did not increase to pay for the war. War bonds were not sold.
    Gas was not regulated. In fact, the average citizen was asked to sacrifice
    nothing, and has sacrificed nothing unless they have chosen to out of the
    goodness of their hearts.
    The only people who have sacrificed are the veterans and their families.
    The volunteers. The people who swore an oath to defend this nation.
    You stand there, deployment after deployment and fight on. You've lost
    relationships, spent years of your lives in extreme conditions, years apart
    from kids you'll never get back, and beaten your body in a way that even
    professional athletes don't understand.
    Then you come home to a nation that doesn't understand.
    They don't understand suffering.
    They don't understand sacrifice.
    They don't understand why we fight for them.
    They don't understand that bad people exist.
    They look at you like you're a machine - like something is wrong with
    you. You are the misguided one - not them.
    When you get out, you sit in the college classrooms with political
    science teachers that discount your opinions on Iraq and Afghanistan because YOU
    WERE THERE and can't understand the macro issues they gathered from
    books, because of your bias.
    You watch TV shows where every vet has PTSD and the violent strain at
    that. Your Congress is debating your benefits, your retirement, and your pay,
    while they ask you to do more.
    But the amazing thing about you is that you all know this. You know your
    country will never pay back what you've given up.
    You know that the populace at large will never truly understand or
    appreciate what you have done for them.
    Hell, you know that in some circles, you will be thought as less than
    normal for having worn the uniform. But you do it anyway. You do what the
    greatest men and women of this country have done since 1775 - YOU SERVED.
    Just that decision alone makes you part of an elite group.

"Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to
    so few." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    edited November -1
    CZARS STUNNING REPORT

Stunning......
    There are very few of us who know just what all the CZAR's do up in D.C.................Here is their names and job descriptions.......should be educational to ALL AMERICANS............no matter what your political agenda.......if you resent this list, then get angry at the one who put these characters on the payroll. And not at the one who mailed it......

OBAMA'S "CZARS"-- Read who they are and realize what they want to do.

OBAMA'S CZARS
    CZAR Czar Position Summary
    Richard Holbrooke AfghanistanCzar Ultra liberal anti gun former Gov. Of New Mexico. Pro Abortion and legal drug use. Dissolve the 2nd Amendment
    Ed Montgomery Auto recovery Czar Black radical anti business activist. Affirmative Action and Job Preference for blacks. Univ of Maryland Business School Dean teaches US business has caused world poverty. ACORN board member. Communist DuBois Club member.
    Jeffrey Crowley AIDS Czar Radical Homosexual.. A Gay Rights activist. Believes in Gay Marriage and especially, a Special Status for homosexuals only, including complete free health care for gays.
    Alan Bersin Border Czar The former failed superintendent of San Diego . Ultra Liberal friend of Hilary Clinton. Served as Border Czar under Janet Reno - to keep borders open to illegal's without interference from US
    David J. Hayes California Water Czar Sr. Fellow of radical environmentalist group, "Progress Policy". No training or experience in water management whatsoever.
    Ron Bloom Car Czar Auto Union worker. Anti business & anti nuclear. Has worked hard to force US auto makers out of business. Sits on the Board of Chrysler which is now Auto Union owned. How did this happen?
    Dennis Ross Central Region Czar Believes US policy has caused Mid East wars. Obama apologist to the world. Anti gun and completely pro abortion.
    Lynn Rosenthal Domestic Violence Czar Director of the National Network to End Domestic Violence. Vicious anti male feminist. Supported male castration.Imagine?
    Gil Kerlikowske Drug Czar devoted lobbyist for every restrictive gun law proposal, Former Chief of Police in Liberal Seattle. Believes no American should own a firearm. Supports legalization of all drugs
    Paul Volcker E conomicCzar Head of Fed Reserve under Jimmy Carter when US economy nearly failed. Obama appointed head of the Economic Recovery Advisory Board which engineered the Obama economic disaster to US economy. Member of anti business "Progressive Policy" organization
    Carol Brower Energy and Environment Czar Political Radical Former head of EPA - known for anti-business activism. Strong anti-gun ownership.
    Joshua DuBois Faith Based Czar Political Black activist-Degree in Black Nationalism. Anti gun ownership lobbyist.
    Cameron Davis Great LakesCzar Chicago radical anti business environmentalist. Blames George Bush for "Poisoning the water that minorities have to drink." No experience or training in water management. Former ACORN Board member (what does that tell us?)
    Van Jones Green Jobs Czar (since resigned).. Black activist Member of American communist Party and San Francisco Communist Party who said Geo Bush caused the 911 attack and wanted Bush investigated by the World Court for war crimes. Black activist with strong anti-white views.
    Daniel Fried Guantanamo Closure Czar Human Rights activist for Foreign Terrorists. Believes America has caused the war on terrorism. Believes terrorists have rights above and beyond Americans.
    Nancy-Ann DeParle. Health Czar Former head of Medicare / Medicaid. Strong Health Care Rationing proponent. She is married to a reporter for The New York Times.
    Vivek Kundra Information Czar Born in New Delhi , India . Controls all public information, including labels and news releases. Monitors all private Internet emails. (hello?)
    Todd Stern International Climate Czar Anti business former White House chief of Staff- Strong supportrer of the Kyoto Accord. Pushing hard for Cap and Trade. Blames US business for Global warming. Anti- US business prosperity.
    Dennis Blair Intelligence Czar Ret Navy. Stopped US guided missile program as "provocative". Chair of ultra liberal "Council on Foreign Relations" which blames American organizations for regional wars.
    George Mitchell MideastPeace Czar Fmr. Sen from Maine Left wing radical. Has said Israel should be split up into "2 or 3 " smaller more manageable plots". (God forbid) A true Anti-nuclear anti-gun & pro homosexual "special rights" advocate
    Kenneth Feinberg Pay Czar Chief of Staff to TED KENNEDY. Lawyer who got rich off the 911 victims payoffs. (horribly true)
    Cass Sunstein Regulatory Czar Liberal activist judge believes free speech needs to be limited for the "common good". Essentially against 1st amendment. Rules against personal freedoms many times -like private gun ownership and right to free speech.
    John Holdren Science Czar Fierce ideological environmentalist, Sierra Club, Anti business activist. Claims US business has caused world poverty. No Science training.
    Earl Devaney Stimulus Accountability Czar Spent career trying to take guns away from American citizens. Believes in Open Borders to Mexico . Author of statement blaming US gun stores for drug war in Mexico .
    J. Scott Gration Sudan Czar Native of Democratic Republic of Congo . Believes US does little to help Third World countries. Council of foreign relations, asking for higher US taxes to support United Nations
    Herb Allison TARP Czar Fannie Mae CEO responsible for the US recession by using real estate mortgages to back up the US stock market. Caused millions of people to lose their life savings.
    John Brennan Terrorism Czar Anti CIA activist. No training in diplomatic or gov. affairs. Believes Open Borders to Mexico and a dialog with terrorists and has suggested Obama disband US military
    Aneesh Chopra Technology Czar No Technology training. Worked for the Advisory Board Company, a health care think tank for hospitals. Anti doctor activist. Supports Obama Health care Rationing and salaried doctors working exclusively for the Gov. health care plan
    Adolfo Carrion Jr.. Urban Affairs Czar Puerto Rican born Anti American activist and leftist group member in Latin America . Millionaire "slum lord" of the Bronx , NY. Owns many lavish homes and condos which he got from "sweetheart" deals with labor unions. Wants higher taxeson middle class to pay for minority housing and health care
    Ashton Carter Weapons Czar Leftist. Wants all private weapons in US destroyed. Supports UN ban on firearms ownership in America .. No Other "policy"
    Gary Samore WMD Policy Czar Former US Communist. Wants US to destroy all WMD unilaterally as a show of good faith. Has no other "policy".

How lucky are we that these are the people who are helping President Obama in the RUNNING of our country and the White House?

ARE YOU MAD YET? Please pass this on and EDUCATE your family, friends and neighbors!
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    https://secure.freedomdonations.com/ameripac/obamacorn/?a=4717-e-active
    Rep. Issa Wants ACORN Probe To Prevent 2012 Voter Fraud

If there's anyone who can make the liberals squirm its Rep. Darrell Issa. I can just imagine his bold, take-no-prisoners style of interrogating reducing the ACORN criminals to tears. We need Rep. Issa to put these community organizers in the hot seat and expose their illegal activities.

On November 7th, Rep. Issa sent a letter calling for U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch of the Eastern District of New York to launch an investigation into ACORN's criminal activity. He asked Lynch to "investigate these allegations to determine if they have merit and prosecute any wrongdoing accordingly."

Yes, I Want To Help DEMAND Congress: Support Rep. Issa's Investigation Request & DEFUND THE RADICAL LEFTIST GROUP "ACORN" PERMANENTLY!
    Click Here to See the Fax

VOTER FRAUD is the name of ACORN's game. They're just getting their feet wet in the Occupy Wall Street protests. Their real goal is to steal the 2012 elections by flooding polling booths with illegitimate voters.

Don't forget...ACORN was under investigation for election fraud and related offenses in nearly 20 states, for crimes ranging from false voter registrations and illegal voting, to identity theft and records tampering, to using felons as registration workers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With ammo prices for 22 ammo you can trade 3 bricks of 22 ammo for a Ruger 10/22 rifle. Now thats crazy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Every time we elect a president, we hear people say, it should be based only on popular vote.
    This reminds me of 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting for what to have for lunch.
    Without the Electoral College, ALL our presidents would be elected by the East and West Coasts. Those areas have the most dense population than any other area of the country.

jmho
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOU HOLTZ
    September 4th, 2014

The Democrats are right, there are two Americas. The America that works
    and the America that doesn't. The America that contributes and the
    America that doesn't. It's not the haves and the have nots, it's the dos
    and the don'ts. Some people do their duty as Americans, obey the law,
    support themselves, contribute to society and others don't. That's the
    divide in America .
    It's not about income inequality, it's about civic irresponsibility. It's
    about a political party that preaches hatred, greed and victimization in
    order to win elective office. It's about a political party that loves
    power more than it loves its country.
    That's not invective, that's truth, and it's about time someone said it.
    The politics of envy was on proud display a couple weeks ago when
    President Obama pledged the rest of his term to fighting "income
    inequality." He noted that some people make more than other people, that
    some people have higher incomes than others, and he says that's not just.
    That is the rationale of thievery.
    The other guy has it, you want it, Obama will take it for you. Vote
    Democrat. That is the philosophy that produced Detroit.
    It is the electoral philosophy that is destroying America. It conceals a
    fundamental deviation from American values and common sense because it
    ends up not benefiting the people who support it, but a betrayal.
    The Democrats have not empowered their followers, they have enslaved them
    in a culture of dependence and entitlement, of victim-hood and anger
    instead of ability and hope. The president's premise - that you reduce
    income inequality by debasing the successful-seeks to deny the successful
    the consequences of their choices and spare the unsuccessful the
    consequences of their choices. Because, by and large, income variations
    in society are a result of different choices leading to different
    consequences.
    Those who choose wisely and responsibly have a far greater likelihood of
    success, while those who choose foolishly and irresponsibly have a far
    greater likelihood of failure.
    Success and failure usually manifest themselves in personal and family
    income. You choose to drop out of high school or to skip college - and
    you are apt to have a different outcome than someone who gets a diploma
    and pushes on with purposeful education.
    You have your children out of wedlock and life is apt to take one course;
    you have them within a marriage and life is apt to take another course.
    Most often in life our destination is determined by the course we take.
    My doctor, for example, makes far more than I do. There is significant
    income inequality between us. Our lives have had an inequality of
    outcome, but, our lives also have had an in equality of effort. While my
    doctor went to college and then devoted his young adulthood to medical
    school and residency, I got a job in a restaurant. He made a choice, I
    made a choice, and our choices led us to different outcomes. His outcome
    pays a lot better than mine. Does that mean he cheated and Barack Obama
    needs to take away his wealth? No, it means we are both free men in a
    free society where free choices lead to different outcomes.
    It is not inequality Barack Obama intends to take away, it is freedom.
    The freedom to succeed, and the freedom to fail. There is no true option
    for success if there is no true option for failure. The pursuit of
    happiness means a whole lot less when you face the punitive hand of
    government if your pursuit brings you more happiness than the other guy.
    Even if the other guy sat on his * and did nothing. Even if the other
    guy made a lifetime's worth of asinine and short sighted decisions.
    Barack Obama and the Democrats preach equality of outcome as a right,
    while completely ignoring inequality of effort.
    The simple Law of the Harvest - as ye sow, so shall ye reap - is
    sometimes applied as, "The harder you work, the more you get."
    Obama would turn that upside down. Those who achieve are to be punished
    as enemies of society and those who fail are to be rewarded as wards of
    society. Entitlement will replace effort as the key to upward mobility in
    American society if Barack Obama gets his way. He seeks a lowest common
    denominator society in which the government besieges the successful and
    productive to foster equality through mediocrity. He and his party speak
    of two Americas, and their grip on power is based on using the votes of
    one to sap the productivity of the other. America is not divided by the
    differences in our outcomes, it is divided by the differences in our
    efforts.
    It is a false philosophy to say one man's success comes about unavoidably
    as the result of another man's victimization.
    What Obama offered was not a solution, but a separatism. He fomented
    division and strife, pitted one set of Americans against another for his
    own political benefit. That's what socialists offer. Marxist class
    warfare wrapped up with a bow. Two Americas, coming closer each day to
    proving the truth to Lincoln's maxim that a house divided against itself
    cannot stand.
    "Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you
    respond to it."
    Lou Holtz
    Leo "Lou" Holtz (born January 6, 1937) is a retired American football
    coach, and active sportscaster, author, and motivational speaker.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was thinking about this today. Tony Stewart hit the young man at the race and killed him. I was thinking how strange it is in this day and time where so many people will watch a video tape and come away with so many different ideas.

Then they will be so adamant that they are right. Even to the point where they will argue over the fact.

It goes to show how different people are and how different people see things different.

Just remember this, no matter what you think you might be wrong.

One thing i try and do is see a problem from all perspectives. Here is a song you should listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRM4oJwLdc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Obituary - Very Interesting
    In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of
    Edinborough, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000
    years prior:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a
    permanent form of government A democracy will continue to exist up until the
    time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the
    public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the
    candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the
    result that every democracy will finally collapse over loose fiscal policy,
    (which is) always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of
    history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always
    progressed through the following sequence:

>From bondage to spiritual faith;
    From spiritual faith to great courage;
    From courage to liberty;
    From liberty to abundance;
    From abundance to complacency;
    From complacency to apathy;
    From apathy to dependence;
    >From dependence back into bondage."

The Obituary follows:

Born 1776, Died 2012
    It doesn't hurt to read this several times.

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul ,
    Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the last Presidential
    election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
    Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
    Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million McCain: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2
    McCain: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was
    mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income
    tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency
    and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty
    percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental
    dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders
    called illegal's - and they vote -then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is
    at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom..

This is truly scary! Of course we are not a democracy, we are a
    Constitutional Republic. Someone should point this out to Obama. Of course we know he and too
    many others pay little attention to The Constitution. There couldn't be more at stake than on Nov 2012.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Subject: Fwd: Brilliance in THREE (3) Parts
    Wise, Wise WORDS - read to the end as every statement is 100% true...
    Part I.
    A. Back off and let those men who want to marry men, marry men.
    B. Allow those women who want to marry women, marry women.
    C. Allow those folks who want to abort their babies, abort their babies.
    D. In three generations, there will be no Democrats.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Part II:
    10 Poorest Cities in America and how did it happen?
    City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level
    1. Detroit , MI 32.5%
    2. Buffalo , NY 29.9%
    3. Cincinnati , OH 27.8%
    4. Cleveland , OH 27.0%
    5. Miami , FL 26.9%
    5. St. Louis , MO 26.8%
    7. El Paso , TX 26.4%
    8. Milwaukee , WI 26.2%
    9. Philadelphia , PA 25.1%
    10. Newark , NJ 24.2%
    What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate all have in common?
    Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961.
    Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954.
    Cincinnati, OH - (3rd) since 1984.
    Cleveland, OH - (4th) since 1989.
    Miami, FL - (5th) has never had a Republican mayor.
    St. Louis, MO - (6th) since 1949.
    El Paso, TX - (7th) has never had a Republican mayor.
    Milwaukee, WI - (8th) since 1908.
    Philadelphia, PA - (9th) since 1952.
    Newark, NJ - (10th) since 1907.
    Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'
    It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats... yet they are still POOR.

Part III:
    "You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
    You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln ~
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ~ Henry Ford ~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I could not help to have taken notice that most every Arab/Middle Eastern owned/operated restaurant and some gas stations in the Chester-Berks-Montgomery County areas of PA have tents erected in their parking lot to sell fireworks. Some have several tents and Ryder trucks parked along the side. FBI says to beware of terrorist attacks over the 4th of July period, is this a Trojan Horse operation. Just something to think about as it makes me say "Hmmmm". I do have a wild imagination but one does have to question why.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    found this on a form - might be in the works for us too

A very good read that everyone should read. Sad but most don't care.

This is pretty frightening, I think.
    >
    > No author, source, or date is given with this, but the message is still loud and clear. VOTE.
    >
    >
    > remember asking dad about Castro when I was about 9 years old I asked , "Is Castro a good guy or bad?"
    > Dad said he couldn't tell!! This was about 1955. We were living in Louisiana at the time . Dad was in the army there.
    >
    > Cuba was fairly close and in the news a lot. The Cubans were asking the same question! Ike was president.
    >
    > This past July, we had the pleasure of sharing a summer barbecue with a refugee from Cuba . Our dinner conversation was starkly different than most.
    >
    > This refugee came to the United States as a young boy in the early 1960s. His family was more fortunate than most as they were able to bring a suitcase and $100 when they fled Castro's newly formed revolutionary paradise.
    >
    > Our dinner consisted of all-American fare: hamburgers, potato salad, watermelon and fresh ears of sweet corn. This is a menu shared with family and friends nationwide, while celebrating the birth of our belovedAmerica on the Fourth of July.
    >
    > We began with a simple discussion about our country and the direction it has taken since Barack Obama came to power. We shared the usual complaints about the sour economy and liberal social engineering emanating from the rulers in Washington ..
    >
    > But then he said it. The sentence came naturally. I assume it was unplanned. But it carried the weight of a freight train. "You know when Castro took power, none of us knew he was a Communist."
    >
    > We sat stunned. He continued, "Yes, we all thought he was a patriot, a nationalist. Before the revolution he didn't sound like a radical."
    >
    > The comparison at this point was easy, and I interjected, "You mean just like Barack Obama?"
    >
    > He responded, "Yes, just like Barack Obama."
    >
    > He continued, "We were all shocked as the government just continued to grab more power. First they said the revolution is over, so please turn in your guns. We all complied."
    >
    > "I remember my uncle saying after it started, 'Castro will only nationalize some of the big industries, he will never come and take our family hardware store. 'But that is exactly what happened, Castro started with the sugar mills and the large industries, but they eventually came and knocked on the door of our family hardware store. My family had run this store for generations. They said we now own the hardware store, you work for us. And that nice, large four-bedroom home you own, it is now our property also, and you can move yourself and five children into two rooms of the house because others are moving in with you."
    >
    > The lesson learned from this discussion is a lesson most Americans refuse to hear. Political leaders can lie about their agenda and once in office they can take totally unexpected turns.
    >
    > If you had asked us three years ago if we thought General Motors would be nationalized, we would have never believed it. We could never contemplate a country where the rule of law, the most fundamental building block of a justice society would be evaporating just like it did in Castro's Cuba in the early 1960s.
    >
    > But the news of injustice keeps increasing. Black Panthers are not charged with wrongdoing by the U.S. Department of Justice because their crimes are against whites. The bondholders of GM are stripped of their assets without due process by the government. Governmental leaders are bribed in full daylight only to have all investigation of the crimes stifled by the Attorney General. The U.S. borders are overrun with crime and illegal activity and the leaders in D.C. act as if it is important to protect the lawbreakers while the innocent are killed and overrun. When local communities attempt to enforce the law, they are ridiculed and threatened as racists and bigots. They are sued by the very administration entrusted with enforcing the law.
    >
    > Without the rule of law the U.S. Constitution is a sham. Without the rule of law our beloved America is swiftly becoming a country where only the well connected and politically powerful will be safe. As Michelle Malkin has so eloquently explained in her recent book, a culture of corruption has replaced honest government.
    >
    > All honest citizens that want to be treated equally must come together and demand that the favoritism, the bribes, the uneven enforcement of law end now. And yes, it can happen here.
    >
    >
    >
    > A year ago I made the statement that "I didn't believe the President knows what he is doing. My friend said "Oh yes he does" Back then I didn't know what she meant. Today I realize she was right. He does know exactly what he is doing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Copied from another board:" When fighting Islamic extremists, it's important to remember that physical pain and death--typical American fears--are actually desired by these "holy warriors." The more effective action is not to kill but to defile these enemies, barring them admission to Allah's paradise and thus destroying their motivation to fight. In the Indian mutiny of 1857, the British Army broke the spirit of Muslim mutineers by stuffing them down the barrels of cannons along with their Hindu allies. When the cannons discharged, their bodies were mixed and rendered unclean, barring both groups from the afterlife for which they fought. Similar methods could be used in the event of a ground war. Enemy prisoners can be made unclean by force-feeding of any pig products (lard, etc.) or alcohol, or by sexual contact with non-Muslims. Enemy dead can be dismembered and their body parts mixed with pig products.These measures sound barbaric, but so is killing; and they enemy here is not people's bodies but their spirit. However, I don't advocate a ground war...Instead, the entire world from the Jordan River to the Khyber Pass should be carpet-bombed, not with explosives, but with crack cocaine, methamphetamines, hardcore pornography, liquor, and of course, lots of pork. Because America's revenge will be taken not when the terrorists are killed, but when they have to see their daughters, wives, or sisters, on the streets of their own hometowns, saying: "Do you have two bucks or change or anything? I'll show you a good time..." **********************************************Some of the liberal pansies think that we should airlift and drop tons of MREs on Afghanistan to show the populace American magnanimity.Maybe they have a point, but let's try this guy's idea first. Splatter the place with plenty of hog feet, heads, blood and entrails.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of which makes perfect sense unless you are a liberal or progressive. They have no desire to lift anyone out of poverty, to do that would destroy their voter base, the very people that keep them in office. They seek to continue destroying the country and economy in order to maintain a permanent under class, a captive group that will perpetuate their power.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both posts are very true
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They'll adopt or the "lady" of "the ladies" will bake it Easy Bake style. Or if they have enough money they'll hire someone to carry the baby. So with this your "Part 1" is wishful thinking.

Part 2. As long as this current government is in power this will never change.

Part 3. It's just a play to keep the folks separated. There will always be haves and have nots. Otherwise no one will try to do better. It's sad to see how stupid people are. So easily duped.