In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Calif asked Oregon for help

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Was told sorry but our hands are full here.

quote:EUGENE, Ore. - California fire officials are asking for help with the Mendocino Complex Fire.

Aerial video of the Mendocino Complex on Monday, July 30, 2018.{p}{/p}

Ads by ZINC

The Oregon Office of State Fire Marshal says California submitted a request on Saturday night, asking for assistance from all Oregon fire agencies.

Oregon?s Emergency Management Assistance Compact has deployed one strike team and one task force.

Lane County Task Force says it will not be sending out crews right now.

?We?re always willing to help and we want to help, but we can only do so much with our own fires going on in our backyard,? Chief Chad Minter with Lane County Task Force says.

Lane County Task Force is currently assisting in the Garner Complex Fire.

Chief Minter says the decision to cross state borders depends on the condition of Oregon?s fires, the amount of firefighters that can deploy and time of season.

Oregon firefighters responded to fires last year in northern and southern California.

Nationwide, fire bosses raised the fire preparedness level to its highest and most severe rating, opening the door to call up active duty military or request assistance from abroad.

My 1st real Job after retiring the day shift Foreman was Chad Minter. His Mom Was doing the Job that Chad now Has. I took one day off while at this company in 8 years. Chad did the shut down and Lock up for me. To bad he did not do it right and we had a fire. Now he is a Fire Chief.[:D]

Comments