In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

had to pass it on

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
a fellow my wife works with ask about starting a garden last week 1st time ever having a garden ( his family live's in town ) he was asking about what to mix in with his soil to help loosen it up .among other questions
today he ask
does any one make a connector ? he wants to hook two garden hoses together . my wife thought he wanted a splitter , no , he said they have always owned just one garden hose but will need two to reach the plot in his back yard . was going too buy a second hose but was not sure how to connect two garden hoses end to end ( serious [:D][:D])

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:(][:(]
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ooh Ooh, I know that one!

You buy a female connector and screw it on the hose, then you buy a male connector and screw it into that one. Now you can hook the hoses together!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he must shop at walmart[:D][:D]
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    bet he has a degree of some kind [}:)]like my SIL educated beyond their intelligence never got outside to play and build any thing or repair any thing as a KID
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    He wouldn't happen to be blond, would he?
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    Ooh Ooh, I know that one!

You buy a female connector and screw it on the hose, then you buy a male connector and screw it into that one. Now you can hook the hoses together!

Are they "gender neutral", if not we may have a Federal lawsuit on our hands.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Tell him to look for a hose that comes with a connector already on it.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    a fellow my wife works with ask about starting a garden last week 1st time ever having a garden ( his family live's in town ) he was asking about what to mix in with his soil to help loosen it up .among other questions
    today he ask
    does any one make a connector ? he wants to hook two garden hoses together . my wife thought he wanted a splitter , no , he said they have always owned just one garden hose but will need two to reach the plot in his back yard . was going too buy a second hose but was not sure how to connect two garden hoses end to end ( serious [:D][:D])
    Is this person a UGA grad by any chance?
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sadly, I had this question asked TWICE when I owned my tool store.

BOTH TIMES IT WAS A WOMAN! [:D]

Merc
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This doesn't necessarily mean the boy is stupid. Could be he has just had the good fortune to avoid manual labor most of his life. Tell him to use Peat Moss until he can get a compost pile going. Instructions for composting are easy. Only put vegetation in it. After that it can be as easy or as complicated as he wants it to be. When he puts vegetation on the compost pile it will rot. Rotten vegetation is compost.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by CaptFun

[/quote]Is this person a UGA grad by any chance?

[/quote] [:(!]..............probably Auburn [;)].........[:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    James you maybe on the right track with your reply

quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    This doesn't necessarily mean the boy is stupid. Could be he has just had the good fortune to avoid manual labor most of his life. Tell him to use Peat Moss until he can get a compost pile going. Instructions for composting are easy. Only put vegetation in it. After that it can be as easy or as complicated as he wants it to be. When he puts vegetation on the compost pile it will rot. Rotten vegetation is compost.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    James you maybe on the right track with your reply

quote:Originally posted by JamesRK

Alright guy's, read the whole post. It's about the hose.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    Alright guy's, read the whole post. It's about the hose.
    The problem of the hose was solved earlier in the thread. All he has to do is get a male/female connector and attach that to one hose and a male/male connector and attach that to the other hose then connect the two connectors. Either that or just connect the male to female connections that come on the hose. Much like composting, it can be as simple or as complicated as he wants to make it.

male-female_zpskdui16w2.jpgmale-male%20female-female_zpsuo4c179l.jpg

Read the whole thread. [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup this generation will be taking care of some of yalls. I reckon next generation of theirs will know less [:D].