In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ice Cream Containers

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Did they get smaller? I remember them being 1/2 gallon and now hey're not. Have I been asleep at the wheel and for how long? I know I'm big but they just seemed smaller in my hands.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    They go by Liter measurements now a days..
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    To keep prices the "same" companies are making the "portion" (container) sizes smaller so you are paying more but not seeing it in the end. Stuff like this has been going on for a while but has gotten way worse over the past year or two.
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a conspiracy, Blue Bell says that they are still 1/2 gallon!
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our ice cream containers are about 1/3 smaller than the original 1/2 gallon size. You pay the same and get less = profit for the company without raising prices. Most people dont notice and thats what they are counting on.

Hell, our bars of soap now have a big groove cut into them, same practice, less material for the same price. I emailed the soap company "Dial" and they actually replied and said that the cost of materials went up so they re-designed the shape of the bars so less material was needed and left the price the same. Again. as with the Ice Cream, most folks dont notice.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    just like sugar used to be 5 pounds, now they raised the price and its 4 pounds, not enough for most to notice
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check yuor swap out propane tank, most likely it is now 18# used to be 20#.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Same thing they did with bacon and coffee.[:(!] Basstirds!!
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I think condoms are getting bigger.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    I think condoms are getting bigger.

your just shrinking at an alarming rate [:)]
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Checked them last week at local Krogers. (Ice cream, not condoms) All containers were 1.5 quarts, not 1/2 gallon. Yep- just like the 4 lb bag of suger, or the 12 oz package of bacon.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So was the switch recent? I don't buy ice cream that often so I don't know how long this has been going on.