In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nail in the Coffin for California?

WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
What could go wrong? [xx(]

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35198/gavin-newsom-reveals-plan-single-payer-healthcare-emily-zanotti

Gavin Newsom Reveals Plan For Single-Payer Healthcare In California 'Regardless Of Immigration Status'

ByEMILY ZANOTTI
August 29, 2018

California gubernatorial candidate Gavin Newsom doubled down on claims he made earlier this month that he'd turn California into a single-payer healthcare state, telling the Pod Save America podcast that he plans on expanding Medicare to cover every Californian ? even illegal immigrants.

?I?d like to see if we can control our own destiny,? Newsom, the former mayor of San Francisco, said. ?I?m not naive about it. I did universal health care when I was mayor, fully implemented regardless of pre-existing conditions, ability to pay, and regardless of your immigration status."

?San Francisco is the only universal health care system for all undocumented residents in America, very proud of that. We proved it could be done without bankrupting the city. I?d like to see that we can extend that to the rest of the state,? he continued.

Newsom, of course, was mayor of San Francisco, a city that's in dire financial straits and struggling to manage simple tasks like cleaning human feces off its sidewalks as a result of some of its bizarre, far-left policies.

But that won't stop Newsom, and neither will a likely $400 billion-per-year anticipated price tag. In fact, he's actually not that worried about the cost; he's more worried about transitioning to a single-payer healthcare program.

?It?s the transition that?s the challenge,? he said. ?It?s going from something old to something new, where the whitewater is.?

It may be more of a challenge than he thinks: doctors and California's healthcare administrators are against the prospect of a fully single-payer system, largely because it will tank their salaries, and they're planning on opposing any legislation designed to make big changes.

Newsom doesn't seem worried, and he certainly doesn't seem worried about his electoral chances. He's widely seen as the favorite to win the California gubernatorial election in November.

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another "TAX" for us Californians that work. Or some might see this as another reason to leave California. I hope the state provides free 8 ball of "H" for everyone.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just illustrative of the way DEMOCRATs think relative to where the money going to come from...they don't.

I guess it never occurred to Newsome illegal aliens don't pay taxes and CA already has pension liabilities they don't have money to pay for either.

Typical DEMOCRAT solutions are always to tax and regulate. The state already has the highest state income tax: Over 13%. Wise people should get the hell out. The bad news is Newsome will be the next governor.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    let em do it, if I ever get sick all I would have to do is go to california, free medical.............no questions asked
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bet the idiot is counting on the rest of the other states tax monies to cover his KALIF costs
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it gets him elected he's for it.

If he can't get it passed he can blame someone else and promise to get it the second time.

It's a win/win for the politician.

But it's a "no win" situation for the taxpayers.[xx(]
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    Just another "TAX" for us Californians that work. Or some might see this as another reason to leave California. I hope the state provides free 8 ball of "H" for everyone.

Yep, people will leave California to better places and try and shape that place into the chithole they left. Shampoo, rinse, repeat [:(]
  • Options
    milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a way I feel sorry for the working tax paying folks in California but there is a silver lining to this dark cloud.(For the rest of the country)

Every border jumping illegal that ends up in the states will beat feet to California resulting in fewer illegals for the rest of us to deal with.
    They will get free health care along with all the other freebies and be in their sanctuary cities thumbing their noses at the rest of the country.

I can almost bet there will be a mass exodus of the tax paying middle class.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought Obamacare was going to fix the medical issue in America? There were (D) governors and party members dancing in the streets over the final solution to medicine for Americans (and illegals). Ain't California part of America, enjoying reduced healthcare costs like nobody is?????

Hell, Joe Biden was caught on a hot mike whispering "this is a big effin deal". Only he did not say effin......
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they pass that, well, it cannot be realistic but hey, it's CA. They will be overrun even more so will rodents from everywhere.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We'll have to bail them out.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Newsom doesn't seem worried, and he certainly doesn't seem worried about his electoral chances.
    Why worry when your SEIU union minions are servicing the Diebold voting machines?
    This state is so borked. Even liberal owned business is bailing out of here, along with anyone that can afford to vote with their feet.
    Calif already has their own version of Obama care, and it was underwater in 6 months.
    I would like to hear how blewsome plans to pay for this. You need business tax and working taxpayers to fund your unicorn dreams, and you already caused a shortage of both.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this nutjob communist is elected, and implements this along with his open borders "sanctuary state" policy, he will destroy the state.
    Millions of Latinos will flood into his state for the free medical, costs will escalate into the billions. These costs must be borne by California tax payers.

In several years the state will collapse.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    We'll have to bail them out.

No you won't. The pot money will fix everything. We'll have the Mexicans to pick the pot and have them process them as well. Have the stoned masses vote for their side. Since the illegals will be able to vote "legally" California will do their own thing.