In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Range Report, S&W 610 10mm

jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
I recently posted a thread about purchasing a S&W 610 10mm.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=314501

This morning I went to the range and got a chance to shoot this gun and I'm still grinning ear to ear. This is one of the most accurate handguns I've ever shot. I fired six shots per target changing different types of ammo including .40 S&W. Here is the best I did with 10mm Blazer's 200 gr (the cheapest ammo) at 25 yards.

61025yd.jpg

61040Sw25yd.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good shootin,..I would also like to have a 610 to add to the heap..now I want one even more,.got any pics of your gun?..thks Loko [8D]

edit; is this a moon clip gun?..or are the cylinder holes recessed
  • Options
    jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks LOKO383,

The picture of the gun is on the old link
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=314501

I use 10mm moon clips from brownells. I also bought the moon clip striper tool.
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice..thanks for the reminder.[;)][8D]..I'm going over on the auction side to ..shop around..[:D]..Loko
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice! The 610 is a great revolver. As far as moon clips go the 10mm ones work well and are still stiff enough to last a long time. The Brownells stripper tool works great. As another option the "RIMZ" plactic moon clips made by Beckham Design work pretty well in the 610 also where as in the 625 45 acp they are to flimsy IMO. These Rimz moon clips are easy on the fingers to load and unload if you are going to shoot a bunch. I prefer to load my metal moon clips at home on the bench rather than at the range. I don't think I would use them in competition or for hunting but they work fine for plinking. Running test loads I like to use the Rimz becasue it makes the process faster. Brownells carries them.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah love my 610-2 with the 6.5" barrel. I see yours is the 610-1 and scoping it will be a little work. Who did I get the moon clips from? I know it was one of those "tactical" places. Anyways them moon clips make shell collecting mighty easy. With my S&W 1076 I have to go get the broom. Well one of these days I'll go pig hunting.