In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Imagine This

legionkahnlegionkahn Member Posts: 4,055
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
To the Gov thugs you time is comeing !

The governor of Massachusetts, fed up with the "proliferation" of military-style firearms and intolerant of civilian ownership of such threats to his power, declares these "assault weapons" contraband and even outlaws the ammunition for them. When ordinary citizens refuse to turn in either guns or ammunition, the governor declares them "criminals" and dispatches his police force to round up the guns and arrest whoever stands in the way of "law and order."

Several "criminals" catch wind of the operation and make arrangements to warn other civilians, but their "ringleader" is caught and arrested.

In the first raid, the police force confiscates the guns and then moves on, but the "criminals" in the second location have been warned. A "criminal," who escaped roadblocks, has tipped-off firearms owners in time for many to hide their guns and ammunition from the government. Others show up with their "assault rifles." The police action's commander demands that gun-owners surrender, but they refuse. Somebody fires a shot and all hell breaks loose.

In the ensuing fire-fight, the authorities kill eight civilians, but they are out gunned by the "criminals." Before the day is out, the "Rambo" civilians kill 73 and wound nearly 200 of the "G-men."

Sounds like a futuristic scenario following passage of an "assault weapons" ban, doesn't it? Actually, its history! Paul revere was the "criminal ringleader" captured as he sped out of Boston to warn patriots that their own governemnt was trying to subjegate them by seizing their firearms -- their only means to protect their right to self-determination, self protection and their very freedom.

The raid was in Lexington, and at the Concord bridge the Minutemen made their stand. It happened April 19, 1775 -- more than a year before the Declaration of Independence was even written, and is known as the Shot Heard 'Round the World because of the way it changed history. Free men, ordinary citizens with military style weapons of the day, stood together when their government turned rotten and declared honest citizens criminals simply because they owned guns. Civilians - not soldiers - fought first in the American Revolution and went on to invent the United States of America.

"Those who do not remember the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them." - George Santayana

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    The FBI raids Obama's lawyers office, home and apartment. How would the media respond to that?
    Was Meuller appointed to investigate Trumps sex life or what?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    It is coming, once again. Just like an out of control freight train.

Gear-up, toughen-up, smarten-up and keep your eyes open.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

+1
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    i to believe it will happen again, and not just in america either,but in a lot of places,and like a lot of you i often wonder what the police and military will do if they are givern the order.

most people laugh at me here and call me a crazy, but i can`t get rid of the nagging feeling that in the future me and everyone else here who believe what i believe will be the ones who are looked upon to do something about it.

iv`e seen attitudes change here in 13 short years, the older gun owners whgo remember what it used to be like have a different attitude to the younger ones who are owning guns now, they don`t see anything wrong with having a licence or having all their guns registered[V]..i reckon the day will happen whan they do see a lot wrong with it[:(!] and there won`t be much they can do then...fight and be a crimminal, or comply and be a whinp[xx(]..i`d rather die i think.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

Absoutely Captain!!
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We owe it to ourselves and our families to be prepared.

Preparation and self-reliance are my watchwords.