In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Date for Million Gun March?

peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Has a date been set? When? Just in DC, or all the state capitals, or both?

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    http://www.milliongunownermarch.com/

Thanks for the reply. Spring 2010. I was looking for a definite date, but I guess it hasn't gotten that far. I'll keep checking.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peon
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    http://www.milliongunownermarch.com/

Thanks for the reply. Spring 2010. I was looking for a definite date, but I guess it hasn't gotten that far. I'll keep checking.[;)]

They're still working out details, looking for sponsors, coordinating with states, etc. I really hope it comes off but I have some doubts. This will be hugely expensive and sponsoring the "evil gun owners" is not politically correct.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sponsering this should be no problem. Every gun manufactorer and ammo manufactorer should be on board 100%. Every large distributer and large dealer should be there.They will lose if they don't back this thing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    Sponsering this should be no problem. Every gun manufactorer and ammo manufactorer should be on board 100%. Every large distributer and large dealer should be there.They will lose if they don't back this thing.

Don't hold your breath. Firearms companies like Colt are also government contractors and won't bite the hand that feeds them. Cereberus owns Remington, Marlin and Harrington & Richardson but also owns Chrysler who is in line for federal bailouts.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    no company with much of an interest in receiving either federal contracts or financial aid will come anywhere near this. as prev said, its not going to be popular and you dont bite the hand that feeds.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which is exactly why WE need to support it. Spread the word and get involved.