In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

To all kind, decent folk...

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
...I ask not for myself, but for someone I love dearly...
Shortly after 8 this evening, I recieved a phonecall that one of my best friends, Diann, the third angle in my oft mentioned "Terrible Triad", was rushed to the hospital via ambulance after passing out unconcious on the job. All I knew beyond that was that her heart had stopped, she was in intensive care.
I sped like he!! to the hospital. Upon arrival to the ICU waiting room, the clergyman from the hospital told us that in the ER when she arrived, she had been administered "last rites". I freaked. However her doc came out and told us that he had fitted her with a temporary pacemaker, and that he wants to put a permenent one in her tomorrow. I saw her and spoke to her, she is agitated and scared, as anyone would be under the same curcumstances, but thankfully, otherwise, her same old wise-acher self.
Di is one of those rare "innocents". A person who is so honest that she could not possibly concieve of dishonesty themselves, and so not in anyone she loves, which is one of the reasons I love her. Truly a beautiful person, mom of 3, grandmom of 2...
I love her like family (actually more than I love some of my family). She is an extaordinary and excellent person.
Please spare a second or two and think a good though for her. A prayer, a thought, it doesn't matter, it's all good... She deseves it like no one I have ever known.
Thanks all!

Everyone is somebody's "weirdo".

Comments