In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I Just Dont Understand

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
I dated this girl off and on from 15 until i left for the military at 18 years old.

We dated a lot. There was something that i knew was a little off but i had no idea of what it was. She was moody for no reason at times. So when she got that way i would date someone else then we would patch it up and get back together.

Christmas day she sent me a letter on Facebook asking why i did not protect her. Before she moved to the town i was in her Moms boyfriend raped her. I have no idea how many times.

After she told me was when i understood why she was moody sometimes. She will not tell me who it was just that i know them. She sends me messages and they just get in my head.

When i was a kid up to 18 i never knew about stuff like this. I thought everyone was like my parents. I did not know they were special.

I think she liked me because i have a temper and do not back down worth a crap. If she would have talked to me i could have helped.

35 years later there is nothing i can do now.[:(]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    My daughter has a friend 24 that shot himself in the head with a 357 he is now blind in both eyes and a little brain slow now. He got in a fight with someone and lost then went home and tried to kill himself. I have been through more than anyone i know except 1 person and i have never thought about kiling myself. His mom was a stoner and a bad alchoholic so i guess that was part of his problem. To end it all at 24 is a shame. David
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So 35 years later she is laying a guilt trip on you? Not your responsibility, chic has issues.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea but it still bothers me.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Look back. We who were innocent and protected had no idea of the horrors around us. We couldn't imagine what you just described, yet it was happening. We may know now but we didn't then.

Thank the Almighty that you never knew. Don't hold yourself accountable for things over which you had neither knowledge or control.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    stop all communication/ input with this person...she is looking to transfer all blame. guilt. problems to those around her...nothing but a huge mental mess to avoid..
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    stop all communication/ input with this person...she is looking to transfer all blame. guilt. problems to those around her...nothing but a huge mental mess to avoid..

Exaaaaactly!!! Change your number,gtfo of Facebook,that'n is a nutcase and it AIN'T YOUR FAULT,no matter how hard she tries to make U feel like it.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    there's that black cloud again
  • Options
    Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    W.T.F.....Run,,,do not walk, do not pass go,,Get away from this crazy B----.Unless of course you like beating yourself with switches for what will be the rest of your very very unhappy life..GEEZE guy!!!!!!!!!!!hopefully you have more sense than this.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell, just tell her to claim Bill Cosby caused her problems like many others have years later [:0], she might even get a settlement offer from him too [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Irish 8802
    W.T.F.....Run,,,do not walk, do not pass go,,Get away from this crazy B----.Unless of course you like beating yourself with switches for what will be the rest of your very very unhappy life..GEEZE guy!!!!!!!!!!!hopefully you have more sense than this.

Exactly, before it impacts your marriage.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by Irish 8802

Exactly, before it impacts your marriage.

DING, DING, DING!!!!!!