In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

limit to guns you can carry at one time, CCW??

ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
in PA, is there a limit to how many guns you can have on yourself with a CCW??

santa2.gifsig3.jpgsanta2.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may get funny looks if you are ever checked, but no there is no limit in PA as to how many you have with you.

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    I carry two. Can't say where, or how, but two.

Licensed, legal and standing.

Thats what I was planning on, a cz p-01 on my waist and a small kel-tec on my ankle

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7mm nut
    You may get funny looks if you are ever checked, but no there is no limit in PA as to how many you have with you.

nice. [:D]

haha, thatd be funny as hell if a cop was frisking me, two guns on shoulder harnesses, two guns on the waist ( one on each side ), two on the ankle, and one in a pocket holster..

cops would think I'm a weirdo.. which I would be if I had that many guns on me..

• silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They would probably say that is considered stockpiling of concealed deadly weapons?

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    It took a little while to get used to carry, but it is becoming normal and it is a good feeling.

Reassuring to know I have a chance to protect myself, my wife, and any innocents from a deranged or morally bankrupt criminal.

Click on the image below for today's strip! Enjoy!
    db_235.gif

LET THEM HATE SO LONG AS THEY FEAR -- a favorite saying of Emperor Caligula
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    ruger: you forgot one over each kidney!

NREMT.jpgdyer.jpgEMT1.jpg

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    For the thousands of people (kidding, of course) who have NJ carry permits, you are limited to one gun and it MUST be the one you qualified with.

njretcop@copmail.com

vic.jpgdd.art
    Charlie
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:haha, thatd be funny as hell if a cop was frisking me, two guns on shoulder harnesses, two guns on the waist ( one on each side ), two on the ankle, and one in a pocket holster..

cops would think I'm a weirdo.. which I would be if I had that many guns on me..

Tha requires the CCA license. (Concealed Carry Arsenal)[:o)]
  • RedneckRedneck Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two 44 mags.

Long live General Lee
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A P11 357Sig or P3AT in side pants pocket or in a Fobus paddle. If I were expecting real trouble I would carry a second like a G19 with another mag or two, but the need hasn't happened outside of the Army. Having a bunch of concealed pistols on the body is annoying and restrictive.
    Evan from Marshall & Sanow carries three plus ammo.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I always carry two: one is a small caliber 2 shot derringer with no paperwork connection to me nor does it have my fingerprints or DNA on it. The other is a .40 cal semiauto with plenty of extra mags in case I need the gun for a "situational adjustment". The derringer is just a "throw down gun" [:D]

Nah, just kidding, KS doesn't even allow us untrustworthy citizens to carry concealed or even visible in most parts of the great state of KS.

Funny thing about many (perhaps most CCW state laws) CCW laws is that although you may be legally authorized to carry a concealed gun, you ARE NOT authorized to carry another concealed weapon. Weapons such as a knife, club, stungun, etc.

And of course this situation is illogical and here is just one example of why. If you and your wife go for a long walk and you encounter a 90 lb. Pit Bull that escaped from its owner's fenced yard, and acts like it might attack you and your wife, if you were allowed to carry a concealed extendible metal baton you might think about using that weapons first for defense. But because the state will "trust" you with a concealed gun, but not anything else concealed, you will have to go for the gun.

Unless you both are really, really fast runners, tree climbers or have a desire to go hand-to-teeth combat with the Pit Bull.

Just another example of how government, even in CCW states, doesn't REALLY trust you CCW holders.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger270man

Yes, PA state law is very explicit that you are not allowed to carry more than 27 pistols on your person at any one time. I mean. . .you wouldn't want to "give away" the fact that you are carrying, would you?

Seriously, unless you really think you are going to get in a fight maximum REASONABLE number of guns is two: A main one, and a backup in case the main one malfunctions, runs out of ammo, is inaccessible due to position, etc. Preferably the backup should be just that. . .a smaller, lighter gun. And a small second gun is actually a pretty reasonable alternative to carrying an extra clip for your main gun.

If you are a civilian, I can't really see any reason to have more than that, and a number of good reasons NOT to do it. (EG more work to conceal, uncomfortable, chance of losing one is much higher, and in case anything actually happened the fact that you were carrying three would make you look like a psychopath).

Here's an interesting question. Can you legally carry a LONGARM as your concealed weapon? (IE in a bag or slung across your back under a coat or something).

Probably depends on the state, but again, you probably shouldnt do that unless you really think you are going to get into a fight.
  • CrittergitterCrittergitter Member Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR Fox,

Thats really odd. and strange.

In Idaho, a CCW is exactly that. Concealed Carry WEAPON. Not gun.
    We can carry knives, daggers, dirks, throwing stars, needles, batons, whatever. We are not limited to one, or just a gun. I am not always armed with a firearm, but I am always armed. With usually more than one weapon.

Happy New Year.

If your beliefs aren't based in fact, TRUTH is the first casualty...
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Crittergitter
    TR Fox,

Thats really odd. and strange.

In Idaho, a CCW is exactly that. Concealed Carry WEAPON. Not gun.
    We can carry knives, daggers, dirks, throwing stars, needles, batons, whatever. We are not limited to one, or just a gun. I am not always armed with a firearm, but I am always armed. With usually more than one weapon.

Happy New Year.

If your beliefs aren't based in fact, TRUTH is the first casualty...

I'm moving to Idaho!! Half those weapons are illegal to even own in NY

Woods

rockin_lg_clr.gif

"... there is much truth in the Italian saying, 'Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.'" -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah

Yes, PA state law is very explicit that you are not allowed to carry more than 27 pistols on your person at any one time. I mean. . .you wouldn't want to "give away" the fact that you are carrying, would you?

Seriously, unless you really think you are going to get in a fight maximum REASONABLE number of guns is two: A main one, and a backup in case the main one malfunctions, runs out of ammo, is inaccessible due to position, etc. Preferably the backup should be just that. . .a smaller, lighter gun. And a small second gun is actually a pretty reasonable alternative to carrying an extra clip for your main gun.

If you are a civilian, I can't really see any reason to have more than that, and a number of good reasons NOT to do it. (EG more work to conceal, uncomfortable, chance of losing one is much higher, and in case anything actually happened the fact that you were carrying three would make you look like a psychopath).

Here's an interesting question. Can you legally carry a LONGARM as your concealed weapon? (IE in a bag or slung across your back under a coat or something).

Probably depends on the state, but again, you probably shouldnt do that unless you really think you are going to get into a fight.

I was just planning on a CZ P-01 in an IWB, and a small keltec in an ankle holster.

• JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7mm nut

nice. [:D]

haha, thatd be funny as hell if a cop was frisking me, two guns on shoulder harnesses, two guns on the waist ( one on each side ), two on the ankle, and one in a pocket holster..

You can put two more in one of these under the pants in the front holsters. [:D]
    http://www.smartcarry.com/exposed.htm
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.