In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

almost there!

wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
i just finished another semester. complex geriatric nursing, clinical, and nursing concepts and trends. got a break until august 22, then only FOUR weeks left! Obstetrics/pediatrics, and clinical. then i am done and can take my state board for my license.

i am a glutton for punishment tho, meeting with a guy later today about going to ISU to transition from LPN to BSN/RN. but i can at least gain more experience in the field while i go this route.

i could be happy with LPN, but i have a desire to work at Riley Children's hospital in Indy. i am told that they only employ RNs

Comments

• Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Go For It! Good Luck!
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Do your BSN, then a masters in education. Severe shortage of nursing instructors.
  • Options
    GRIZZLY17GRIZZLY17 Member Posts: 1,676
    edited November -1
    Just stay away from Wishard!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    Do your BSN, then a masters in education. Severe shortage of nursing instructors.

i have thought about that in the long run, we have lost one instructor already. she moved. about to lose another (the hospital that she runs clinicals at has offered her a DON (director of nursing) position with higher pay).
    one of the other instructors says that if it wasnt for the benefits it wouldnt pay for her to be an instructor. (i think she is a little RITZY GLITZY and richie b) if you get my drift.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GRIZZLY17
    Just stay away from Wishard!

ill keep that in mind, but why? email me if you dont want to post.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy your three weeks off, but just remember on 22 August with the goal in sight this ain't the time to slack off. [;)]

I'm looking forward to saying "CONGRATULATIONS" in a couple of months. [:)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.