In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

25 WSSM???????

gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
I have the opportunity to purchase a rifle chambered in this for a very good price. I am aware that the balistics are identical to that of a 25-06. My question is being that Winchester is the onlly manufacturer making this round, would it be feasible/likely that winchester could pull the round from production if they were to find that they weren't making enough profit from it? I like the rifle quite a bit I would just hate to buy it and be stuck with either impossible to find ammo, extremely expensive ammo, or amuunition that is no longer produced. If any of my concerns seem unfounded please let me know so I can just go and buy it already. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    I'm not gonna lecture or rant, just let me say, since you know what the ballistics are comparable to, stick with a 25-06.
  • Options
    young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the ones out of the wsm and wssm line that I think are going to stick around are the .300wsm and the .270wsm....I don't think the wssm's will stick around

imay not know it all.....but at least I know that!
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    If the price is really that good, and you don't already have a 25/06, buy it, and load for it, and stop worring about it.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.