In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Democrats & Domestic oil drilling.

FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
The Dems are in quite a pickle over this issue.
Vote for it and face the rath of Pelosi & Co.
Vote against it and face the rath of their voters.
But there may be another option. Reportedly the Congressional ban on offshore drilling EXPIRES in Sept. If they hold out w/o a vote that long, they can just let it go w/o having to choose a side.

Comments

• Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    By procrastinating the decision the have essentually said no to their constituents. They (democrats) should be far more worried about "we the people" than the likes of Pelosi. One things for sure this gas price issue has got the majority of the people DEM or Rep on the same page.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    You are correct. But how many people KNOW about the expiration date? You sure aren't hearing about from the media.
    They don't want you to know. Then in Sept. they can go "Ta-da! WE did it for you!"
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the date,.........so does Cartod![:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i suppose they will wake up when Americas offshore fields are full of Chinese rigs slant drilling into Oklahoma & most of overseas production has been bought up by other countries....DUHHHHHHHH ....no pickle, only stupidity
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    i suppose they will wake up when Americas offshore fields are full of Chinese rigs slant drilling into Oklahoma

Offshore rigs slant drilling into Oklahoma ?

Wow....
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    i suppose they will wake up when Americas offshore fields are full of Chinese rigs slant drilling into Oklahoma

Offshore rigs slant drilling into Oklahoma ?

Wow....

I thought the chinese could just drill straight down and get here...
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    And I've been meaning to say rack ops. Very good choice of a flag for your posts....
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    And I've been meaning to say rack ops. Very good choice of a flag for your posts....

I start getting antsy as football season gets closer. I think I put up the flag earlier every year [:)]