In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

arrrgggghhh!

wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
got up this morning to let the dogs out. wife says " hey honey why dont you get in the deep freeze and get me something out to take to work for lunch.?" thats when i found out the thing had quit. checked the plug, checked every breaker in the house. nada.
luckily we caught it before everything completely unthawed.

looks like we will be getting a new deep freeze this morning,,, wooo hoo, there goes five to six hundred we didnt plan on spending.

Comments

• Rocky4windsRocky4winds Member Posts: 760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wlfmn323
    got up this morning to let the dogs out. wife says " hey honey why dont you get in the deep freeze and get me something out to take to work for lunch.?" thats when i found out the thing had quit. checked the plug, checked every breaker in the house. nada.
    luckily we caught it before everything completely unthawed.

looks like we will be getting a new deep freeze this morning,,, wooo hoo, there goes five to six hundred we didnt plan on spending.

Please don't do that. Check your dictionary.

At least you caught it. We live out of town and only shop a couple times a month so we put a lot of stuff in the freezer. We would be in trouble if it quit.
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought this was going to be about Pirates![:o)]
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't it be awful if you found out a day or so later and had to have a big BBQ/Fish fry and invite all of us over for supper?
    [:D]
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Upright or chest?
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jon o

I thought this was going to be about Pirates![:o)]

me too...
  • WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had an idea. What about all of the regulars here get together weekend once a year, BBQ. Guns ....Hell of a weekend.
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    that sounds like a grand time to me, heck could make it an anual thing.

update on the freezer, everything is safe nothing completely THAWED out (i guess if it un-thawed it would be frozen huh?) and we didnt have to buy a new one. seems that dummy me forgot that just because the cord is plugged into the heavy duty extension cord, doesnt mean that the extension cord is plugged in![B)] [:0] who would have thought,, anyway took time to go get our air conditioners out of storage (moms garage) and one of them was kaput. so the money we saved on a freezer went to a new air conditioner. (yes the old one was plugged in. it had been going down hill for the last three years, toward the end of last year it wasnt hardly putting out at all.)

so to sum up the story, im tired, the wife is tired, and im gonna burn some hotdogs on the grill and watch a movie, its called "brother war" supposed to be about WWII. so i figured i would give it a shot.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you didn't have to get a new freezer. That would have really hurt to have to buy both.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,163 ******
    edited November -1
    was the hot dogs in the freezer ?
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    was were the hot dogs in the freezer ?

There .... corrected it for you!
    [;)]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Hot water heater this month.

Last month was the double oven. Never realized that an oven could cost 10 times more than my first car.

It's always something.

Ah, the joys of ownership...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman
    was were the hot dogs in the freezer ?

There .... corrected it for you!
    [;)]

why yes, yes they were![:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Hot water heater this month.

Last month was the double oven. Never realized that an oven could cost 10 times more than my first car.

It's always something.

Ah, the joys of ownership...

know what ya mean, we brought the air conditioner home in a truck that cost less than it did.[:(]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,163 ******
    edited November -1
    I bee new hehr. I nott 2 brite ya noe. (thank you) Or is it you's since more than one corrected me ? dam this computer stuff is really hard [:D][:D][:)]
    edited November -1
    I bee new hehr. I nott 2 brite ya noe. (thank you) Or is it you's since more than one corrected me ? dam this computer stuff is really hard [:D][:D][:)]

hey, they got me on "unthawed" too!