.

nasty posts

wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
what is the deal with these x rated post titles that are popping up anymore? the one that i clicked on (because it had a reply) didnt have any links or anything just the title.

cant these be eliminated?

where are they coming from?

Comments

  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Admin has a program that scans and deletes them every 15 minutes or so. They are auto-generated, and auto-deleted.
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    ok, but these things are like lice, they had to come from somewhere.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wlfmn323
    ok, but these things are like lice, they had to come from somewhere.


    Yes, this is a public forum open to anyone with internet access. They find a forum, program their computer to go out there several times a day and create a new account and make a post. We can't stopm them unless we shut the forum down, so rather than do that, admin just created an auto-delte program to clean them off.

    That's the best they can do other than closing the forum.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,424
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    quote:Originally posted by wlfmn323
    ok, but these things are like lice, they had to come from somewhere.


    Yes, this is a public forum open to anyone with internet access. They find a forum, program their computer to go out there several times a day and create a new account and make a post. We can't stopm them unless we shut the forum down, so rather than do that, admin just created an auto-delte program to clean them off.

    That's the best they can do other than closing the forum.



    Or I just lurk and delete them whenever I see them.
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    alright, we know what they are, and where they are coming from.
    and they are being dealt with in a way that is benificial to all (real members.) but what the heck is their purpose? i dont see any benifit to posting these blank b.s. posts..
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wlfmn323
    alright, we know what they are, and where they are coming from.
    and they are being dealt with in a way that is benificial to all (real members.) but what the heck is their purpose? i dont see any benifit to posting these blank b.s. posts..


    Sometimes the devil is in the details. I haven't looked at any of them for quite some time but I did open a few when they first started showing up. There were links to malicious sites in the profile.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wlfmn323
    what is the deal with these x rated post titles that are popping up anymore? the one that i clicked on (because it had a reply) didnt have any links or anything just the title.

    cant these be eliminated?

    where are they coming from?


    You probably shouldn't click on things you know you won't like regardless if it has a reply or not.
    I know, I know. It's a radical idea. [:0]
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,602 ******
    edited November -1
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    they quit for awhile, now there back
Sign In or Register to comment.