In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what would you do...gun fight

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
assume you are unarmed

you are with your brother, best friend and 3 other acquaintances , one of them gets into a fight with another person, that person pulls a gun and shoots them

would you run away?

would you try to attack the shooter?

bar, restaurant, gas station etc location doesn't matter

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    leaves me out,, I have no friends,[:I]
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need more information to make a sound decision.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope I never have to make the choice , and even then it will be based on the circumstance's , hell maybe he needed shot [;)]
    the only way to know is to be in that situation .
    I would think I would do my best to fight how ever I could ,
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

I guess you would be shot next taking that long to decide
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After being shot at many times, bombs going off and other exciting things hadji liked to do to us I've learned that unless you drill constantly for certain situations you cannot really plan or say what you would do. When things go bang whether it be a gun or an IED your mind goes in about 20 different directions and depending on th exact situation that caused the bang you may not have time to decide but instead let instinct and training take over. I am not military trained in combat, I'm not a trained police officer, the only training I have had is active shooter and hostage escape and in those training exercises run and hide is taught not attacking so for me my reaction may very well differ from others since the only "combat" I've experianced has been one sided where the only choice I had was to run.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    assume you are unarmed

you are with your brother, best friend and 3 other acquaintances , one of them gets into a fight with another person, that person pulls a gun and shoots them

would you run away?

would you try to attack the shooter?

bar, restaurant, gas station etc location doesn't matter

Did he empty the gun ???[:)]

In my mind I would go after the person and fight with whatever I had to work with. That being said, I would need to know more to really know what I would do...
  • m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would do a tactical roll maneuver, jump up and kick the gun out of the shooters hand then gab the gun before it hits the ground and shoot the shooter in the leg and shoulder. Then call the police.
    edited November -1
    so far we have

1. cant make a decision {dead too, at least shot too}

1. run away

3. fight back
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you crazy? He's already shot everybody but you and you don't have a gun so what are you going to do charge into blazing gun fire with nothing but a frown on your face? You're going to do what any sensible person would do and that's run like hell back to where ever your gun is!!
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who started the fight?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    Are you crazy? He's already shot everybody but you and you don't have a gun so what are you going to do charge into blazing gun fire with nothing but a frown on your face? You're going to do what any sensible person would do and that's run like hell back to where ever your gun is!!

he only shot 1 {not counting guntech he's not in your crowd}
  • captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get out my smart phone and video it for a youtube
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I would take as aggressive action as the situation allowed. Can't answer any better than that.

Actually, I can answer better.

I would do everything within my power to protect those I love. Race is not a factor.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

I guess you would be shot next taking that long to decide

You are wrong. By being there, I would already have the pertinent information and a plan of action.

Two words....situational awareness.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well that would not happen, makes an * of u and me you see. I would not be unarmed.
    BUT running away is not an option either.
    So, that mofo is getting jumped or shot.[}:)]
    edited November -1
    so far we have

1. cant make a decision {dead too, at least shot too}

3. run away

5. fight back
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the guy shooting a 9 mm or .45?
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have always lived by the motto "a good run is better than a bad stand" I would never chose to go against someone armed and I was not.
    in this case already only one shot & I can't do him any good However I would try to become armed and go back to confront person with the gun . and also call 911 may be the best chance of saving their life Then being the vindictive person I am.[V] which is something I am but not proud of . I would get armed and hunt the SOB down.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

In his words..."that person pulls a gun and shoots them" THEM is more than one. THEM is everybody.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instinct.......hit the deck [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

edited November -1

In his words..."that person pulls a gun and shoots them" THEM is more than one. THEM is everybody.

no I said "one of them gets into a fight with another person, that person pulls a gun and shoots them"

as in that single person, don't go all grammar Nazi on me [8D]