In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

When Guns STOPPED a Massacre... 2007.

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
A reminder that guns are simply NOT the issue... People are.

Guns are simply the tools of death and life.

When used in the hands of an evil person... the choice is all too often death.
But, when used in the hands of many, many, MANY others... the choice is life.

Had but one person been armed in the theater that fateful night in Aurora...
I'm sure that far fewer deaths would have occurred.
... And we would not be in the process of trying to put a lone, mad-man behind bars.

LINK

Copy & Paste

On February 12, 2007, a lone gunman, Sulejman Talovic opened fire at the crowded Trolley Square shopping mall killing five bystanders. Armed with a shotgun with a pistol grip, a 38-caliber handgun with rubber grips, and a backpack full of ammunition, he set forth on his rampage through the Mall.

But he did not get as far as he had hoped. He was stopped when off-duty police officer Kenneth Hammond of the Ogden City Police Department who was at Trolley Square having an early Valentine's Day dinner with his pregnant wife. When they heard shots, she called 911 and he drew his weapon and confronted Talovic. He was joined by Sgt. Andrew Oblad of the Salt Lake City Police Department. They pinned down Talovic, stopping further deaths, until a SWAT team from the Salt Lake City Police Department killed him.

Hammond, a man with a weapon, was credited with saving "countless lives."

In Aurora, Colorado, there were no armed bystanders and Holmes was unimpeded in his deadly rampage. Gun control advocates use the grizzly story of the Aurora movie theater to push their cause. But common sense tells us that it is easier to put guns into the hands of law-abiding citizens and to instruct them in their use than to keep them away from the insane or evil people who perpetrate these shootings.

If the movie-goers in Aurora had one or two armed and trained men or women, the shooting would have gone the way of the Trolley Square massacre, not the bloodier outcome in Aurora.

Comments

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ain't that the truth and it will happen again and again.[;)]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:Never gets old.

good looking and intelligent.... and likes guns!!!
    a dream come true![;)]

tom
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget the lady in Colorado that capped the mass killer wannabee at the mega church. He had chained the doors and was planning a huge killing. A lady with a gun stopped those plans.
    So much for never carrying in church.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    Don't forget the lady in Colorado that capped the mass killer wannabee at the mega church. He had chained the doors and was planning a huge killing. A lady with a gun stopped those plans.
    So much for never carrying in church.
    You'd be hard pressed to find a church here in the Carolinas that didn't have at least a half dozen guns in the pews...
  • hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    i remember that night, the next day i started my paperwork for my ccw, i dont leave home with out it