In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

End of Rabbit season

cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
edited February 2008 in General Discussion
Today marks the end of Rabbit season here, had a 1/2 day hunt in Floyd Co. Va. We were hunting in an area with heavy cover and a county with a high predator rate and 1 rabbit was taken.Several rabbits were scented but close to heavy cover(many holes to escape too).Had a wonderful time in a beautiful place,man,dog,nature,together,it was exceptional.A days successful hunt is not the quota but the experience itself.Going to open a good bottle of wine to celebrate ,cahas

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    End of Rabbit season

Duck season!
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Cahas... KILL THE DAMN FOX,CATS,*/OPOSSUMS. you'll get your bunnies back!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Cahas... KILL THE DAMN FOX,CATS,*/OPOSSUMS. you'll get your bunnies back!!
    Look at my thread on Ques about .17 HMR!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That round was(in my opinion)developed expressly for that purpose. I would try to use it on nothing larger than Fox.
    The .17HMR is perfect for the job, yet a bit costley. For "plinking, that is. I figger to do a "JOB" like saving your bunnies,,, well worth the extra few bux! Remember... Take the pressure off the rabbits, they can "bounce-back" in a hot hurry!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    fishkiller41,we shot a Bobcat this season in the flatlands,in our most hunted area.I wonder how many rabbits they can wipe out in a day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ALL cats kill for fun. That's the problem. A * or Opossum will kill to eat, then sleep.Cats will kill for the sake of killing.For fun.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our bunny season ends on March 30th. I get a rabbit or two about every 2 out of 3 times out I'd say. And if your thinking about eradicating predictors that eat bunnies, don't forget to shoot the hawks too.
  • Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sav99
    don't forget to shoot the hawks too.
    That my friend will earn you a big fine.and your hunting will cease along with your guns and vehicle..not too cool..Birds of Prey are a protected species...Loko
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Our bunny season ends on March 30th. I get a rabbit or two about every 2 out of 3 times out I'd say. And if your thinking about eradicating predictors that eat bunnies, don't forget to shoot the hawks too.
    Saw quite a few Hawks today, mostly Red-Tailed Hawk,$500 fine here if caught shooting one,keyword "if".
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LOKO383
    don't forget to shoot the hawks too.
    That my friend will earn you a big fine.and your hunting will cease along with your guns and vehicle..not too cool..Birds of Prey are a protected species...Loko

I said that facetiously because hawks like bobcats and foxes eat alot of rabbits.