In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Best 9's

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree on the CZ P-01 all the way!
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Purely Speculative.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    The pinnacle of 9MM development is the Browning P-35 Hi Power, from the fertile mind of John Moses Browning. A visionary on the same level as Edison and Ford.

This is my opinion, but shared by two or three others over the last 74 years.

Doug
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too many Taurus and Ruger products to be correct.....
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    beretta above glock? somebodies been hitting the sauce...

not to mention a sig being behind the taurus pt92. who in the world came up with the useless list?
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    They based this on a 'one' gun sample so I think I would take it with a grain of salt. But much of what they observed is correct.
    It is VERY subjective at best.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    so many flaws in that list a guy can go on all day about it, besides those mentioned above, no H&K on the list, but hi-point makes it, sig and glock way to far down on the list

quote:Nothing shoots better than a well used Beretta 92FS. Allow about 300 rounds for break-in. Good long range pistol. I can hit the 50 yard gong over and over again

sounds like someone is writing reviews based on chat board conversations, not actual experience, above is just an example, again to many flaws to list
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've always liked and will keep my 60's vintage Browning Hi-power!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can argue about this all day, but I do think this guy has hit most of the good 9mm guns in his list, even if I don't necessarily agree with all of his rank order.

Again, a lot of this subjective. So long as the gun is reliable and functionally accurate, which one is the "best" is highly subjective.

The "best" gun for me probably won't be the "best" for you, and vice versa.

I note, interestingly, that the list is populated by CZs and CZ clones, and I have to agree with that. Its just a great platform for the round.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only thing that surprises me is that someone hasn't hijacked it with .45's..[:o)][:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Only thing that surprises me is that someone hasn't hijacked it with .45's..[:o)][:o)]Okay, truth is, I do prefer my Colt Single Action chambered in 45 Colt! [8D][:o)]

• MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    One of the best, innovative nines mm isn't even on this list.
    He just tested the ones with the most sales.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Only thing that surprises me is that someone hasn't hijacked it with .45's..[:o)][:o)]Okay, truth is, I do prefer my Colt Single Action chambered in 45 Colt! [8D][:o)]

I'll bet you can't buy one for less than $550![:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Only thing that surprises me is that someone hasn't hijacked it with .45's..[:o)][:o)]Okay, truth is, I do prefer my Colt Single Action chambered in 45 Colt! [8D][:o)]I'll bet you can't buy one for less than $550![:D][:D][:D]

You've got that right; can't even buy the 60's Hi-powers for $550!

• Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    The pinnacle of 9MM development is the Browning P-35 Hi Power, from the fertile mind of John Moses Browning. A visionary on the same level as Edison and Ford.

This is my opinion, but shared by two or three others over the last 74 years.

Doug

John Browning did not design the P35 as we know it. He got a few rough prototypes together before he died, but it was his number 2, Mr. Saive who made it into a workable military gun. The same guy who made the FN49 and FAL, so he was obviously capapble.

However, I will put the CZ75 at the top of my 9mm list. Col. Jeff Cooper even called it the best combat 9mm made.

For plastic, I am a Walther P99 man followed by the Steyr M9 series.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No Star 9mm? They dropped the ball on that one.