In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Mossberg 500

frankcastle13frankcastle13 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
Anybody see this auction #28784251 I really like this hope it doesn't end up on a DD form with the street sweepers..

Comments

• frankcastle13frankcastle13 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey I just dropped by my local gun shop today and saw a Mossberg 500 that caught my eye. I got it for 225 bucks. We were in and out in 10 minutes. The only down side is it has a pistol grip so I can't go trap shooting until I can get one unless I want to attempt to get used to shooting with a pistol grip. It does look badass though.lol
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    If that pistol grip had a stock attached to it, I'd talk to you about a trade.

Check on GB and Ebarf for some good used stocks.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I wouldnt have paid that much for a mossy 500......

On the up side, it's a good shooter and you'll have fun with it.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    225 isnt really that bad depends on if it was lightly used or not but you can buy one new for 75 dollars more
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should have it chromed to make it even more badass.
  • RedneckRedneck Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the Punisher used a Mossberg 500.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    You guys are awfull[:D]
  • rippy38rippy38 Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haw! I got one of those in 12 gauge!

My brother gave it to me last year after his second wife outlawed guns in their house (what a wuss!) when she had their first baby.

The pistol grip does take some getting used to but that thing is pretty fun. Always gets a comment or two at the range. It's really only good out to about 15 yards if you want most of the load to be effective. I keep it loaded with 3" #6 Turkey magnums for home defense... usually just shoot light/heavy target loads at the range in the pistol pit.
    edited November -1
    Yeah I think the punisher did, but oh well. It would look good chromed but it's money that doesn't need to be spent because it's already a great gun.
    edited November -1
    I got to shoot my new Mossberg this weekend and it didntkick nearly as much as I thought it was. I was shooting 2 3/4" target loads. I also shot a 2 3/4" slug out of it too and was still very impressed. It's also accurate as all get up.