In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anti-Immigration rally next friday

Dean CascioDean Cascio Member Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in General Discussion
If any of you live in Southern California, there is going to be an anti-illegal immigration rally next Friday at the Orange Plaza. That's in the city of Orange where Chapman and Glassell cross. We had a rally today (3/31) just organized by word of mouth. We had tons of people come by and show support.
Anyone who feels strongly about this issue ought to organize similar protests this Friday in their area of the country.
Dean
P.S. Zip...why don't you come up and help.

Comments

• Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I agree thats what needs to happen. We must turn off the TV sets and protest in the streets. Its the only thing that seems to work.

squeeky wheel gets the grease, so to speak.

Sig232
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We can just get some mojados to take our places at work while we're out.[:D][:D][}:)][:p][:D][}:)][:p]
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WISH ONE WOULD BE IN DRIVING DISTANCE HERE IN MISSOURI,OKLAHOMA,ARKANSAS. IM READY.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You ought to organize a similar protests this Friday in your area of the country.
    Dean

quote:Originally posted by MOMMASBOY
    WISH ONE WOULD BE IN DRIVING DISTANCE HERE IN MISSOURI,OKLAHOMA,ARKANSAS. IM READY.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I am embarrased to say that here in Oregon we give them free medical care on the Oregon Health Plan, issue them drivers licenses, so that they have I.D., build them free houses and welcomb them with open arms. Oregon the Mass of the West!

Sig232
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Dean,

I'm glad you clarified the confusion with the title. The left and media classifies all those against illegal immigration as ANTI-IMMIGRATION. The cause is ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

If I thought it would get there in time, I would mail you a Mexican flag to burn during the protest. You could do it right in front of the TV cameras.[}:)]
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    The illegal alien support is getting strong.
    I was driving through Renton yesterday about 2pm and there were about 50 to 75 teenage mexicans lineing both sides of the road waving the mexican Flag and US flag. I also noticed several trucks driving by with their lawnmowers and landscaping tools honking their support.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Guys, when you do this, remember that there will likely be cameras around.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that, and act like adults, not children. The worst thing that you can do for the cause is to come across as racist.

STRESS that you're in favor of LEGAL immigration, it is just the illegal immigration that's offensive.

If you're interviewed by the press, don't go into one of these fantasy speeches where you're gunning down the illegals as they're crossing the border.

Remember, this protest is an awesome opportunity to convince politicians and your fellow Americans of an important issue.

If you come across like a rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth nutfudge, that's going to be magnified on the news channels for the next day. You might see yourself on TV and have a hoot, but you're going to do the greater good a tremendous disservice.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    I totally agree!Dont play into their hopes,cause they want you to act like that to strenghthen their illegal rant. quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that, and act like adults, not children. The worst thing that you can do for the cause is to come across as racist.

STRESS that you're in favor of LEGAL immigration, it is just the illegal immigration that's offensive.

If you're interviewed by the press, don't go into one of these fantasy speeches where you're gunning down the illegals as they're crossing the border.

Remember, this protest is an awesome opportunity to convince politicians and your fellow Americans of an important issue.

If you come across like a rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth nutfudge, that's going to be magnified on the news channels for the next day. You might see yourself on TV and have a hoot, but you're going to do the greater good a tremendous disservice.
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

Also stress that amnesty to the illegals would be a slap in the face to all those who LEGALLY immigrated here.
  • Options
    StealthFalconStealthFalcon Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mexican flags available here for burning. Any takers? [:D]
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wrangler
    Also stress that amnesty to the illegals would be a slap in the face to all those who LEGALLY immigrated here.

Absolutely 100% correct.
  • Options
    merskmersk Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Couldn't agree more "Wanglar". Inorder to sensationalize the izzue and sell more papers or air time. The media would love to turn this issue in to a racist one. Interviewing some one whereing a NRA hat with a camo jacket talking about using fire power from his pick-up truck to defend the borders. Would definitely put them on the national news for five seconds of fame.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    "STRESS that you're in favor of LEGAL immigration, it is just the illegal immigration that's offensive."

Not my opinion at all. I'd like to see ALL immigration ceased.

This country is our lifeboat and there are already too many people in the boat.
  • Options
    get_involvedget_involved Member Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dean Cascio
    If any of you live in Southern California, there is going to be an anti-illegal immigration rally next Friday at the Orange Plaza. That's in the city of Orange where Chapman and Glassell cross. We had a rally today (3/31) just organized by word of mouth. We had tons of people come by and show support.
    Anyone who feels strongly about this issue ought to organize similar protests this Friday in their area of the country.
    Dean

Have you ever heard of John and Ken? Contact them and they may promote your rally on the air. They have done it before and are a very popular radio show with a lot of listeners! They have had several rallies themselves dealing with illegal immigration.

http://www.johnandkenshow.com/

I live in Covina. Where exactly is the Orange Plaza?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    At yesterday's demonstration (3/31/06) I was interviewed by a reporter from the OC Register. The report was in today's (4/1/06) paper at page A4. The quote at the bottom of the story is mine. The reporter directly cited me in the quote.
    I woke up early this morning and looked for the story in today's paper. I took the story and faxed it to every talk radio and TV station in Southern California along with info about the upcoming rally this Friday (4/7/06). I thought the Register story would add some credibility to the next rally. Well it worked. I'm going to be interviewed on radio station 870 AM this Sunday night between 9:15 PM and 10:00 PM. All of your suggestions are good and well taken. I'll use them as talking points during the interview.

The rally is going to be held at the Orange Circle in the Old Town section of Orange. The cross streets are Glassell St. and Chapman St. Take the 5, 55 or 57 freeways to the 22 freeway. From the 5 or 57 head East on the 22. From the 55 head West on the 22. When you get to Glassell Street head north till you hit the Old Town Circle one mile North of the 22 freeway.

Here is a Mapquest.com link to the rally in Orange
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=137 W Walnut Ave&city=Orange&state=CA&zipcode=92867-6629&country=US&location=ej+7KC8958yoftjH3NrF/zGDn99JcWamIOlHTLQeKls4Rj1TQc+ywMCJuEGyYATPzjpEy8vvKzMNmS7icw+CZVOYaejhRne0V4DqrFGR222yJ32vfRqGrd10Jz/9QbTrDxUdDor1qk4=&ambiguity=1

Dean

quote:Originally posted by get_involved
    quote:Originally posted by Dean Cascio
    Dean

Have you ever heard of John and Ken? Contact them and they may promote your rally on the air. They have done it before and are a very popular radio show with a lot of listeners! They have had several rallies themselves dealing with illegal immigration.

http://www.johnandkenshow.com/

I live in Covina. Where exactly is the Orange Plaza?
  • Options
    get_involvedget_involved Member Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Dean. I give you a lot of credit for really getting involved.

http://www.theterryandersonshow.com/
    Terry is a good guy.

If you don't hear from John and Ken keep trying. That's the one you want to get exposure with. They have a HUGE audience and they talk about illegal immigration everyday. REALLY smart guys.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Get_involved
    I know John and Ken are in the front line trenches; I listen to them on the way home from work a lot of the time.
    Dean
    quote:Originally posted by get_involved
    Thanks Dean. I give you a lot of credit for really getting involved.

http://www.theterryandersonshow.com/
    Terry is a good guy.

If you don't hear from John and Ken keep trying. That's the one you want to get exposure with. They have a HUGE audience and they talk about illegal immigration everyday. REALLY smart guys.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote: Zip...why don't you come up and help.

Yep! ... another John and Ken fan here! They can be heard over live audio
    streaming at KFI 640AM ... http://www.kfi640.com/main.html

I'm going to try to get up there! No promises but at the moment I really
    don't like watching our country going down the toilet. It'd be kind of hard
    to live with myself if after ten years of this nonsense we've been reduced
    to a fifth class Third World crap hole ... and I had done nothing help to stop
    it! You'd think of TWO HUNDERED AND SEVENTY MILLION LEGAL AMERICANS
    ... more than a few thousand can't wake up from their fatassed lazy political
    slumbers to actually protest this!

Unless this stops now, I'm afraid the USA is a gonner![xx(][xx(][xx(]