In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stop calling Hobby Lobby a Christian business

Comments

• Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Yes.
    It is a very well written article with solid facts and conclusions.

Rare to see this level of journalism these days. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    Wow. I didn't even finish reading the article. To say that they are not Christians (the owners, not the business) and that they don't run their business based on Christian principles because they sell stuff made in China is really grasping at straws.

First, the article assumes that all Christians interpret the bible exactly the same. This is blatantly false. If it was true, there would only be one Christian religion.

Second, the article assumes that by selling something from a country that has different standards, they are going against Christian principles. The article has no idea what the owners or the company does with its money to work to change that country or its standards. It also assumes that by merely selling something from that country, you are automatically supporting everything that its political leaders support. If that were the case, buying something from any entity that doesn't share the exact same ideals would constitute supporting the sins of that entity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Calrugerfan.
    It's unlike you to not read the article and form an opinion without reading the full writing.

Go back. Read it. It doesn't say what you think it does.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The author seems to be confusing "purchasing products made in china by chinese laborers" with "donating money directly to the chinese government to promote abortion."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302
    The author seems to be confusing "purchasing products made in china by chinese laborers" with "donating money directly to the chinese government to promote abortion."

I never said there weren't holes in it.
    But I stand by my assessment that it's very well written.
    [;)]
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    Calrugerfan.
    It's unlike you to not read the article and form an opinion without reading the full writing.

Go back. Read it. It doesn't say what you think it does.

Thanks but no thanks.

RC Willy was definitely a company owned by Mormons and run according to Mormon standards but I'm sure that they also sold stuff made in China. So I really don't care about the author's opinion or interpretation of the bible.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302

I never said there weren't holes in it.
    But I stand by my assessment that it's very well written.
    [;)]

The grammatical accuracy seems to exceed the level of most stories picked up by the AP. [:)]
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    China - a country which is one of 'the worst offenders against human dignity, unborn infant life, and economic justice'.

Well then, 'buy American'. The land where people are classified as potential terrorists for simply being a Veteran, abortions stores are available on every corner, and the entire Federal income tax goes to pay interest extortion to private 'Federal Reserve' bankers.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    We all know what opinions are like.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As usual, the Massengills will eventually show their true colors and I will find them out..... Later for now. I'm sure your stench will show up again at some time or another.