.

Shipping long guns on Gun Broker's Fed Ex...WOW!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,854 ******
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Let me just say since I have started using the on line shipping through Gun Broker I couldn't be happier!!!

It is so easy and CHEAP!!! I am shipping a HEAVY box (the Winchester Diamond Grade 4 barrel set in the case) tomorrow and even with $3200 in insurance it is only a little over $30. Amazing!

All you do is enter part of the FFL # and it pulls up the address for you! That couldn't get better.

You guys that haven't tried shipping through Gun Broker need to try it.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]

Comments

  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782
    edited November -1
    I'm just glad they brokered the deal through FedEx....job security baby.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    My fedex girl here is a depressed fat * with a personality disorder.
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    My fedex girl here is a depressed fat * with a personality disorder.


    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I would try the GB fedex but there is no reason they need my bank account information. I have been selling on gunbroker for 10 years and they have my credit card number. Still not good enough for them.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,854 ******
    edited November -1
    Gun Broker doesn't collect the shipping money....so you have to set up an account with Fed Ex. There is no way around it.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,633 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    I would try the GB fedex but there is no reason they need my bank account information. I have been selling on gunbroker for 10 years and they have my credit card number. Still not good enough for them.


    Try now...
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FedEx is lot cheaper, I shipped a 50 lbs box to NE, and was able to refund the buyer $28, because it was so much cheaper that UPSP [:)]
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    I would try the GB fedex but there is no reason they need my bank account information. I have been selling on gunbroker for 10 years and they have my credit card number. Still not good enough for them.


    Try now...
    Yep, I thought the same thing, but I have a FedEx account already, so I just use that [^]
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,633 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Gun Broker doesn't collect the shipping money....so you have to set up an account with Fed Ex. There is no way around it.


    Actually we do collect the shipping money. That's why most accounts need to put a checking account on file. If you run off owing us for auction fees and leave us with a dead credit card, its not good but with the shipping we are on the hook to FedEx for the bill. That can hurt us in a hurry and the laws for bouncing a check are substantially more enforceable than for bad credit cards.

    We are waiving the requirement for accounts with sufficient feedback and good payment history. (MVP you are good to go now) However, in the future, sellers who pay by ACH will get a better discount than sellers who pay by credit card.

    (The only thing sellers need their own account for is to arrange for pickups. If we did it through our account they would show up here to pick up all the packages.)
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,854 ******
    edited November -1
    Everyone that has a Fed Ex account already should ship everything through the Gun Broker home page. Think about it as we are all pooling our packages together and it counts as one BIG account....with this much activity we will be able to negotiate better deals and get them to eventually give us some perks.

    Even if you sell OTHER items you should log onto Gun Broker to ship your wares.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,854 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Gun Broker doesn't collect the shipping money....so you have to set up an account with Fed Ex. There is no way around it.


    Actually we do collect the shipping money. That's why most accounts need to put a checking account on file. If you run off owing us for auction fees and leave us with a dead credit card, its not good but with the shipping we are on the hook to FedEx for the bill. That can hurt us in a hurry and the laws for bouncing a check are substantially more enforceable than for bad credit cards.

    We are waiving the requirement for accounts with sufficient feedback and good payment history. (MVP you are good to go now) However, in the future, sellers who pay by ACH will get a better discount than sellers who pay by credit card.

    (The only thing sellers need their own account for is to arrange for pickups. If we did it through our account they would show up here to pick up all the packages.)


    Ooops....I am glad you set that straight. Since it didn't ask me for my account I just took it that you had to set the account up through Fed Ex.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]
  • sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387
    edited November -1
    Capt Fun, are you planning on getting one set up for UPS? Fed EX is too far for me, but my local UPS guy has my number and we communicate well when shipping or receiving gun parcels.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,633 ******
    edited November -1
    Everything gets billed to the GunBroker account. We were able to aggregate all of our sellers together and negotiate better discounts than all but the largest accounts. Plus with it tied into checkout and the FFL database, it makes filling out the airbill fast and easy. Tracking is built right into My GunBroker too so you can see when your packages have delivered!
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sarge_3ad
    Capt Fun, are you planning on getting one set up for UPS? Fed EX is too far for me, but my local UPS guy has my number and we communicate well when shipping or receiving gun parcels.
    I don't think UPS was interested??
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,633 ******
    edited November -1
    UPS did not want to play. We will continue to try but I'm not holding my breath. Likewise USPS does not offer any discounts so we may eventually offer an integration with them, but it will be fee based like stamps.com or endicia
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    I would try the GB fedex but there is no reason they need my bank account information. I have been selling on gunbroker for 10 years and they have my credit card number. Still not good enough for them.


    Try now...
    Thanks Captfun. Good to go. I will have to try it out now.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by okkim
    FedEx is lot cheaper, I shipped a 50 lbs box to NE, and was able to refund the buyer $28, because it was so much cheaper that UPSP [:)]


    how is that? i mail 50lb boxes through USPS all the time for $10.95
  • AlpineAlpine Member Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a FedEx account, and have to ship a gun next week. I will price the GB deal to see if it is cheaper.

    Thanks for the heads up.
    ?The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.?
    Margaret Thatcher

    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
    Mark Twain
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    My fedex girl here is a depressed fat * with a personality disorder.


    Strange - I don't recall Hillary having a 2nd job .......[:D]
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 15,418 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If a person already has a Fedex account, is it worth using the GB fedex shipping? is it cheaper and easier? If so, i will try it!
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    My fedex girl here is a depressed fat * with a personality disorder.


    Strange - I don't recall Hillary having a 2nd job .......[:D]


    It was Monica...[:D]
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    quote:Originally posted by okkim
    FedEx is lot cheaper, I shipped a 50 lbs box to NE, and was able to refund the buyer $28, because it was so much cheaper that UPSP [:)]


    how is that? i mail 50lb boxes through USPS all the time for $10.95
    The things did not fit in the box, get it ? [:D]
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have a question about this.

    quote:FedEx will only ship firearms via their Priority Overnight service. Ammunition must be shipped as hazardous goods via Ground in compliance with ORM-D.

    FedEx Ground: FedEx Ground will transport and deliver firearms (excluding handguns) as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S. Ammunition must be shipped as hazardous goods via Ground in compliance with ORM-D.



    Now, am I to infer from that that do they mean that you have to have an FFL to use ground shipping, or as long as you can ship according to the GCA of 68 (read long guns) you can send ground?

    Also, what are you all using to weigh?
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    Also, what are you all using to weigh?


    Just lay the package on your keyboard and hit "Ctrl < C < Scale".
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 15,418 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    I have a question about this.

    quote:FedEx will only ship firearms via their Priority Overnight service. Ammunition must be shipped as hazardous goods via Ground in compliance with ORM-D.

    FedEx Ground: FedEx Ground will transport and deliver firearms (excluding handguns) as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S. Ammunition must be shipped as hazardous goods via Ground in compliance with ORM-D.



    Now, am I to infer from that that do they mean that you have to have an FFL to use ground shipping, or as long as you can ship according to the GCA of 68 (read long guns) you can send ground?

    Also, what are you all using to weigh?

    I just use a bathroom scale and round up to the next pound.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,633 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    I have a question about this.

    quote:FedEx will only ship firearms via their Priority Overnight service. Ammunition must be shipped as hazardous goods via Ground in compliance with ORM-D.

    FedEx Ground: FedEx Ground will transport and deliver firearms (excluding handguns) as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S. Ammunition must be shipped as hazardous goods via Ground in compliance with ORM-D.



    Now, am I to infer from that that do they mean that you have to have an FFL to use ground shipping, or as long as you can ship according to the GCA of 68 (read long guns) you can send ground?

    Also, what are you all using to weigh?


    Handguns must go Overnight (unless you have an exemption to use 2nd Day) We are working on that, but it is a tough nut to crack.

    Long Guns may go ground. Only the receiving party needs to have an FFL either way.
Sign In or Register to comment.