In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Smith & Wesson 460

Comments

• Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it will shoot the .45 colt and .454...i wish it was a little smaller. i think this one makes a little more sense than the 500. i'd like to see how the market receives it.
  • Options
    young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what do you want to bet they come out with it in a 4in barell like they did the .500, ruger just came out with a 3in 454 alaskan and I bet this is just to challege that in the market

imay not know it all.....but at least I know that!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    It has twice the energy at 300 yards that the .44 mag has at the muzzle...it's one hot round! If you're in the market, I can get you a great deal on one![:)][;)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where can I find a tuckable IWB holster for it? [:D]
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its been awhile since someone produced a factory built handgun with PROGRESSIVE GAIN TWIST rifling. i cannot even name a handgun built that way produced later than 1899...

while the gun, and the available test data on the cartridge and the existing experimental load data are impressive, the underlying design of the case is simply an extra long .45 long colt round...

we have one on order, but i think it will be awhile before it arrives in the shop for us to play with...

how about a .500 S&W case necked down to .45 cal...

best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    This is the featured gun in this months Shooting Times. Awesome awesome piece. Dirty Harry is thinking about coming out of retirement for sure now. If you limp wrist this puppy, they'll have to scrape your butt off the moon.

tobefree
    My 1st Shot was a bullseye on Gerber baby food lid at 20 ft using a Colt Woodsman. I was age 5. Been driving nails ever since. Thanks Dad, you were the best teacher I ever had.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tobefree
    This is the featured gun in this months Shooting Times. Awesome awesome piece. Dirty Harry is thinking about coming out of retirement for sure now. If you limp wrist this puppy, they'll have to scrape your butt off the moon.

...but in the ST article the writer attributes no greater recoil than a well-loaded .44 Mag. I think the frame size and forward weight must have a lot to do with that. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one. [8D]
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    $1,253.00

yikes@!

MAEMTPATCH.jpgFord_E350_ambulance1.jpgemt2.jpg

Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round, any variation on this is a bad thing.
    Turret mounted machine guns usually work better than lights and sirens
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Don't forget the $230 "Right Hand M460 8-3/8" Black Leather Shoulder Holster"
    193750000_large.jpg
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Why all the dancing around? Why don't they just drop all the pretense and get off their butts and make the .50 BMG revolver and claim victory in the "biggest, baddest, shootin'-est" revolver race?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When can I get a 460 Weatherby mag. in a derringer? [}:)][;)][:0]