In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Beretta Neos or Walther .22 pistol

cardsfancardsfan Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
Just curious if anyone out there has a Beretta Neos and if you like it or not?

Comments

• robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Both the Neos and the Walther P22 feel damn good in the hands. The Neos is going to be a bit more accurate because of the longer barrel it has and a nice long sight radius. I personally like the Walther because of its more conventional appearance. [^]

signew.JPG
    VincentOwned.jpg
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a Neos. Really like it alot. Fairly inexpensive. It's Inox(silver) with a 6" barrel. I'm not sure how it compares to the Walther. I like the fact that it is modular. Although we haven't changed anything yet. Also real easy to put a red dot or scope on it. There is a carbine kit out for it now. 16" barrel and a shoulder stock. I sure is easy to clean, being able to pull the barrel off is a big plus. It's really accurate too. Much better than I can shoot I'm sure.
    Try it you'll like it..
    Marc[8D]
  • cardsfancardsfan Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input I currently own a ruger 22/45 its a nice gun I dont care for the trigger much but thats what you get when you buy a ruger... a nice gun with a crummy trigger! How is the trigger on your Neos?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trigger on my Neos is nice and crisp. It is not an easy carry gun, because of the 6" barrel and large grip, but is a really nice target and plinking pistol. Pabooger thinks it is ugly, but I kinda like it. Like being a kid with a ray gun.
  • jl45jl45 Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't used the Neos yet but I did have my first experience with the Walther yesterday. It is a very nice shooting gun, but man it is small. My hands are rather small but it felt tiny to me.

jl45

"And now, let the wild rumpus start!" (Max)
    edited November -1
    My ruger is a bit large to carry also but it is very accurate. Some of the complaints that I have heard on the neos is that they do look too much like a toy. I think they are a little bit retro but the one that I held felt great in my hand, better than my ruger does.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.(Homer Simpson)
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have the Neos, but I do have a Walther P22 with a 3.4" barrel. It is reasonably accurate up to around 25 yards (maybe more with a better shooter [:D]). I've been using the Remington bulk ammo in the 525 round box. Doesn't like to auto-load the Federal or Winchester, like some of the other semi-autos.

All in all, a very good gun.
    edited November -1
    Hey cardsfan:

What Cards? St. Louis or Ball State or maybe Louisville?

jl45
    The Louisville Cardinals fan.

edited November -1
    St. Louis Cardinals have been my team for years
    Ozzy walked on water too.[:D]

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.(Homer Simpson)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cardsfan
    Ozzy walked on water too.[:D]

Amen to that!
    Used to follow the St. Louis Cardinals more closely back when we had their AAA team here in Louisville. Now we have the Reds AAA team, the Bats.

jl45

edited November -1
    That sucks for you I believe they are in memphis now
    I cant remember where the bats are from I know we play them in our division though.
    I am from the salt lake area the angels AAA "Stingers" I really enjoy going and watching them play although I am not a Angels fan

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cardsfan, you are sure right about Ozzie, right beside Stan the man![^]
    edited November -1
    yeah i am too young to have seen stan the man but sure wish I could have.
    PS still in depression over this years world series but the baseball gods must have finally forgiven the Red Sox for getting rid of the BABE. I guess there is always next year.
    Although half the team will be gone...
    Oh no here I go again[:(][:(]