In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My New Toy

2»

Comments

• Texas_ShooterTexas_Shooter Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rogue_rob
    Nice silverado, what year is it? [:D]

jumpmaster.bmp

2000 Silverado LT Z71 - It's been a real good truck
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    everyone is posting about your mount,I will about the new handgun,nice purchase,I like a Taurus wheel gun,many people talk bad about them but I have several from a model 94 .22 up to a Raging Bull in 454 Casull and I love them all.I think their quality is better than what S&W is putting out in the market right now and they for sure have a better warrenty.I bought a well used old model 94 .22 for my son,the timing was off and was shaving lead,they fixed it free and payed shipping both ways....

I agree with you. This is my fourth Taurus and I have been real pleased with them all. My Taurus PT99 will outshoot the Beretta M9 I own. My wife loves her Taurus .38 Spcl
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    in Wi that would get you around a $280 fine plus lost of firearm I believe, all weapons carried in a motor vehicle must be completly unloaded and enclosed in a carring case with no part of the gun visable ,
  • texastradingposttexastradingpost Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it, but two things to consider.
    Criminal types casing your truck in a parking lot, wherever. Often looking for valuables left out in the open in vehicles will see this. It will make your truck a target to them as they will assume you have hidden the pistol in the glove box or have placed it or others behind the seat etc, or assume you have valuables in the truck as the purpose for having it mounted like that.
    2nd to consider. If you are stopped or questioned by Law enforcement types for anything, they may freak out when they see it even if it is legal to carry it that way.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by texastradingpost
    I like it, but two things to consider.
    Criminal types casing your truck in a parking lot, wherever. Often looking for valuables left out in the open in vehicles will see this. It will make your truck a target to them as they will assume you have hidden the pistol in the glove box or have placed it or others behind the seat etc, or assume you have valuables in the truck as the purpose for having it mounted like that.
    2nd to consider. If you are stopped or questioned by Law enforcement types for anything, they may freak out when they see it even if it is legal to carry it that way.

Valid points, however, I take the gun with me when I leave the truck and place a ball cap over the holster. The site that sells these holsters also have some neat coverups such as cell phone holders. I always inform LEOs immediately that I am carrying. When I am in the truck my legs prevent anybody from seeing the gun. But the point is I want it to be accessible if I need it and not be fumbling around trying to retrieve it from a glove box or center console.